• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Mitchell?

Who was/is the best Mitchell?

• Total voters

Aritro

International Regular
I've met one man called Mitchell in my entire life, and yet, here we are with about 43 of them in recent international cricket.

Chubb

International Regular
Going out on a limb to say Starc is a better bowler overall than Johnson, but Johnson bowled better spells and had an ATG two-year stretch.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Going out on a limb to say Starc is a better bowler overall than Johnson, but Johnson bowled better spells and had an ATG two-year stretch.
It was glorious to see Johnson shut up all his critics. He had some bad patches overall but there shouldn't have been any doubts on how bloody good he was.

Chubb

International Regular
It was glorious to see Johnson shut up all his critics. He had some bad patches overall but there shouldn't have been any doubts on how bloody good he was.
I think it was more that everyone could see how good he could be. For most of his career he would just suddenly become one of the best bowlers in history for 10 overs or so, then return to being very average. Then the two years 2013-14 he was finally able to do that all the time.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Starc is absolutely better than Johnson lmao

Assumed Johnson was regarded as a bit of a joke even within Australia, as that is certainly how he is regarded elsewhere

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can probably rest assured any Englishman who played in the 2013/14 ashes doesn’t regard him that way.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it was more that everyone could see how good he could be. For most of his career he would just suddenly become one of the best bowlers in history for 10 overs or so, then return to being very average. Then the two years 2013-14 he was finally able to do that all the time.
The quintessential article on Johnson was penned in 2010-11 on this very website.

A work of genius

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You can probably rest assured any Englishman who played in the 2013/14 ashes doesn’t regard him that way.
you probably can tbf, given a lot of these players would have faced him in 2009, and at other points in his career when he was bowling absolute pies (i.e. most of it)