• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Looking Cricket Grounds

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It looks like there has been an earthquake in the middle and the entire stand is collapsing into it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mosman, Village Green, etc

Havent been to any of the grounds for a while but Brisbane in the 90s was at the other end of the spectrum.

Played my first match against Easts and their home ground was like those fields around Moore Park but worse - basically a big open paddock that required flags to mark the boundary with a council toilet block as the dressing room
Yeah AB Oval at Mosman is really pretty.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah AB Oval at Mosman is really pretty.
Mosman has some great grounds apart from AB with Rawson, Balmoral (lunchtime being a highlight with the ground being across the road from the topless section of the beach) and even the junior oval at Middle Head

Shri

Mr. Glass
Claustrophobic Indian grounds in the 90s that amplified everything. No breeze coming in, audience and the players getting drenched in sweat and Kumble sending down thunderbolts in pitches that had dodgy bounce. Was pretty special.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds horrible unless it's a really good India Pakistan game where you really get into it.

I feel like I would love to spend 95% of a Test match at some of the less rowdy and scenic and breezy venues but go straight to a crazy noisy Indian one when it gets intense

Last edited: