• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Left Handed Batsman who bowls right handed

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Andrew Blignaut.
Sean Ervine.
Chris Harris.
Lance Klusener.
Robin Singh??? (retired now, I believe)
Going on all time, did Graeme Pollock bowl RA?

Snippie

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jono said:
No why? I just remember all the Australian batsman bowling during that innings. Found it funny seeing how rare it was that every Australian player except the keeper bowled.

Earlier this year the South Africans did the same thing, except there even the keeper bowled, AB kept whilst Boucher bowled, Boucher took one wicket, AB two.

It was the fourth test match in the series, it had led to a draw, with TONS of runs being scored, all eleven South African players had bowled and eight of the Windies, was quite interesting! :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Snippie said:
Earlier this year the South Africans did the same thing, except there even the keeper bowled, AB kept whilst Boucher bowled, Boucher took one wicket, AB two.

It was the fourth test match in the series, it had led to a draw, with TONS of runs being scored, all eleven South African players had bowled and eight of the Windies, was quite interesting! :D
Yeah I remember that test match lol. Boucher bowling and getting a wicket is hilarious, but the difference IMO was that the pitch had a lot to do with that, whereas Hayden and Ponting having to come on to bowl was more to do with Laxman and Dravid's huge and immense partnership.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Ponting bowled pretty decently too. He had a few LBW shouts that were pretty close, just hit the batsman outside the line of off-stump.
Is Ponting left handed?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
what is with you tailoring threads so amazingly tightly to make Indian players appear good.

Hadlee craps on Ganguly's head
:laugh:

The truth he speaks, so Ian does.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
For a start he's limited it to over 5000 runs...
steds said:
The truth he speaks, so Ian does.
Don't worry Dasa... time to go back to the drawing boards mates.

This is just a silly question.. It's quite obviously simply set up to favour Ganguly... Too add 5000 runs as a qualification is stupid when you consider how many games Ganguly has played compared to others.... In a way I think he's just trying to stop Richard Hadlee and co's name from getting involved. I mean come on, Hadlee scored over 3000 runs at an average of 27, and took 431 wickets at 22 and Ganguly is mentioned in the same breath as him?

It's like asking "who's the best ever wicketkeeper with big ears, stars in a castrol add, didn't do very well in the Ashes but picked his game up in the Super Series and bats left handed"?

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Well I thought the concept was interesting, if not the limit to 5000 runs etc...and I don't think it had anything to do with making Indian players look better than others. At any rate, it looks like most people don't have a problem with this thread...except for you and Marc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
Is Ponting left handed?
You clearly know the answer to that. I brought up Ponting just for the fact that he was a batsman that bowled in that Kolkata match, like Hayden, and it was rare to see Ponting bowl. Had nothing to do with the question of this thread

Seriously do you analyse every thread and try and find the most miniscule of errors from people so you can point them out?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you were picking the best players that fit this description then it would have to be Hadlee by a mile. Anyway here a side i put together of the top of my head, im sure i missed some top players, but whatever.

1. C Gayle
2. M Trescothick
3. B Lara
4. C Lloyd (c)
5. G Pollock
6. A Flower (wk)
7. L Klusener
8. R Hadlee
9. C Ambrose
10. B O'Reilly
11. S Jones

Same side for ODI with Ganguly replacing Pollock and Chris Harris coming in for Bill O'Reilly.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
If you were picking the best players that fit this description then it would have to be Hadlee by a mile. Anyway here a side i put together of the top of my head, im sure i missed some top players, but whatever.

1. C Gayle
2. M Trescothick
3. D Boon
4. B Lara
5. G Pollock
6. A Flower (wk)
7. L Klusener
8. R Hadlee (c)
9. C Ambrose
10. S Jones
11. <insert spinner>

Same side for ODI with Clive Lloyd replacing Pollock and Ganguly coming in for the un-named spinner.
Shotgun the spinner being Mahendra Nagamootoo.

And I'm pretty sure that Boonie was right hand batsman ;)