• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best coverage

12th Man

U19 12th Man
In the view of fans around the world, which tv station give the best coverage.

Channel 4 (England)
Sky Sports (England)
Channel 9 (Australia)
Ten Sports (asia)
or any others. These, in my opinion are the best 4, but based on comentators, quantity and quality of coverage, what do you think is the best?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
12th Man said:
In the view of fans around the world, which tv station give the best coverage.

Channel 4 (England)
Sky Sports (England)
Channel 9 (Australia)
Ten Sports (asia)
or any others. These, in my opinion are the best 4, but based on comentators, quantity and quality of coverage, what do you think is the best?
Im glad someone has made this thread! I truly believe that Channel 9 Australia is by far the best of seen, although i havent seen Ten Sports in Asia... Sky Sports is simply terrible!! i had to struggle through the commentators and coverage in the England Vs South Africa game recently *shudders*

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I love Channel 9's coverage. Sky was decent, and Fox Sports are alright when having international tours eg. Ind vs. South Africa (I'm not sure if its actually called Fox Sports or what not) but give me 9 anyday.

Tony Greig, Bill Lawry and Richie Benaud will always do it for me. :)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
I love Channel 9's coverage. Sky was decent, and Fox Sports are alright when having international tours eg. Ind vs. South Africa (I'm not sure if its actually called Fox Sports or what not) but give me 9 anyday.

Tony Greig, Bill Lawry and Richie Benaud will always do it for me. :)
Great post that

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Channel 9

Channel 9 is my favourite, followed by sky. They have the best commentators. I watch 9's coverage of aussie test matches on sky

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have never heard Channel 4 but their commentary repetoire is very impresive and I am sure I would love them

NZL commentary - guys like Ian Smith rock. The commentary from NZL is always the most insightful
West Indies coverage - I love it a lot with Tony Cozier/Holding
ESPN-Star is pretty good with Boycott (who has been absent for 2 months now),Akram,Gavaskar,Shastri,Bhogle among others
Channel 9 - Ian Healy is my favourite from 9 right now
Broadcasts rom South Africa have some crap commentators but have lot of cool stats

Zimbabwe coverage - The coverage is of a good standard althouh the cricket always isnt.
Ten Sports - love Manjrekar and its watchable presentation
Sony - Charu Sharma, Mandira Bedi, Srikkanth are really bad as a combo
Sky Sports - most boring ever
Doordarshan - okay it even worse than sky sports!

Some times countries have switched coverages like Sky doing the commentary in South Africa but these are essentially how the coverage is in a home nation most of the time. Like ESPN showed cricket from Australia for India when India last toured there but usually its Channel 9 in Australia.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
The best ever coverage of a particular series in India, IMO, has been ESPN Star's, of the 1999 World Cup in England.

Beleg

International Regular
I personally like the NZ commentators best. And after that the English Channel 4 commentary.

The worst most definately is PTV.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Beleg said:
I personally like the NZ commentators best. And after that the English Channel 4 commentary.

The worst most definately is PTV.
Maybe,but DD Sports is the worse in my opinion...They are in such a hurry to show commercials between overs that sometimes they tend to cut the last ball of almost every over and sometimes the first ball of the next over
...Sometimes I dont even know if an LBW appeal is made on the last ball of an over whether it was given out or not out

Commentary is decent although hindi commentary is totally crap

Among the best I think its gotta be Channel 9...also my favourite commentator happens to be Tony Greig

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well the commentary in the recent Aus - Pak series we received was terrible IMO, dont know who that was. I prefer Sky to Channel 4 (cant stand Nicholas) but i would be eternally grateful if they would drop Willis.

Bumble is my favorite commentator

Sudeep

International Captain
superkingdave said:
Well the commentary in the recent Aus - Pak series we received was terrible IMO, dont know who that was. I prefer Sky to Channel 4 (cant stand Nicholas) but i would be eternally grateful if they would drop Willis.

Bumble is my favorite commentator
I'm still wondering what were Channel 9 doing getting Waqar to commentate.

Waqar should stay with Hindi commentary for ESPN Star.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I thought the old Supersport stuff in SA rocked, although we now get a Sky feed and only the good old Curry cup is on SS..

I love David Llloyd and AAD, especially when they commentate together, but I am not a fan of any other Sky commentators, except Graeme Fowler who only does domestic cricket..

Channel 9 look very good to me.. Even Mark Nicholas who I have slated from pillar to post on this forum seems to have calmed down with himself.. Now that Flintoff and Harmison aren't playing he seems to have gone from being an OTT attention seeker, to offering quite a bit of unbiased, intelligent and thoughtful insight... I expect that all to fly to pieces the moment the Ashes start..

twctopcat

International Regular
Channel 9 is good for richie, same reason that channel 4 is so good - Dermot is a bit of a character as well. Bumble is the only reason to watch sky though i like the banter between botham and hussain that has started due to their "amicable" past.

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Even Mark Nicholas.............. to offering quite a bit of unbiased, intelligent and thoughtful insight... I expect that all to fly to pieces the moment the Ashes start..
You know it!!!! Channel 4 brings out the Bulldog in him!