• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best combined xi playing now

Tom Flint

International Regular
What is the best test side you can make up using players playing for only two teams. Conditions are in the West indies where I believe the balance between seam and spin in most even.

Warner
Agarwal
Pujara
Smith
Kohli
Jadeja
Saha
Ashwin
Cummins
Hazelwood
Bumrah

Harsh on labushagne shami and Lyon.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A side playing in the WI without Holder and Roach.

I'd add them in the team that is gonna play these variety boys, who have 10 men(Bumrah out indefinitely due to injury).

Daemon

Holder over Jadeja and de Kock over Saha. Pujara opens over Warner and Williamson slots in at 3.

If Anderson is fit then I’ll take him over Haze as well.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Holder over Jadeja and de Kock over Saha. Pujara opens over Warner and Williamson slots in at 3.

If Anderson is fit then I’ll take him over Haze as well.
He said only 2 teams. Each name of yours is from a different team :D

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lool this didn't go well, badly worded I think. Was just wondering if you had to merge any two teams to make the strongest possible team in any conditions, which two teams would you choose to use

Burgey

You’d choose Australia - smashed England this year and generally very competitive outside the SC & very good at home now back to full strength; with India - ranked one, dominant on the SC and who won here last year. Easy choice

Tom Flint

International Regular
You’d choose Australia - smashed England this year and generally very competitive outside the SC & very good at home now back to full strength; with India - ranked one, dominant on the SC and who won here last year. Easy choice
Completely agree other than 'smashed England' lol, which just isn't true at all. The only reason I wouldn't pick aus is because their top order batting is weak especially if Warners lack of form continues but Smith makes up for the others.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Completely agree other than 'smashed England' lol, which just isn't true at all. The only reason I wouldn't pick aus is because their top order batting is weak especially if Warners lack of form continues but Smith makes up for the others.
There's no limit from the OP to choose a certain number of players per team right?

Just pack it with Indian top order, with Smith at #3. Mix of Indian and Aussie pacers, Ashwin/Jadeja.

vcs

India + NZ:

Latham
Sharma
Williamson
Kohli
Taylor
Nicholls
Watling
Ashwin
Jadeja/Shami
Boult
Bumrah

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sharma
Agarwal
Pujara
Kohli
Smith
Jadeja
Saha
Cummins
Starc
Shami
Bumrah

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Which series were you watching

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me see now...

Argawal
Burns
Williamson
Smith
Kohli
Guptill
Jadeja
Holder