• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best bowler to average over 30 ?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Gregory himself played only 24 Tests.... Not to mention according to every report and writing; McDonald was the bowler with skills while Gregory was just fast.
He literally played 1 year of test cricket. Should I rate Barry Richards as a better test batsman than Graeme Pollock too?

He got smashed at home and in SA and pissed off to play league cricket in England once he found out how much friendlier it was for his bowling.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
He literally played 1 year of test cricket. Should I rate Barry Richards as a better test batsman than Graeme Pollock too?

He got smashed at home and in SA and pissed off to play league cricket in England once he found out how much friendlier it was for his bowling.
I answered who was the best bowler imo; not the best test bowler.....

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
By that logic Graeme Hick is the best batsman to average below 40. And Ramprakash and Bevan compete for the below 30 spot.
Hick over Grace, Trumper and Hill?? Yeah......

Also, I can't really think of many batsmen averaging under 30 better than Bevan....

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Well he has more hundreds and a higher average than all 3. Must’ve been better.
Frank Woolley has more hundreds than Bradman and Merchant a higher average than Hobbs..... But you very well know what I was talking about.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
All of Bradman's test wickets were without any help from his fellow fielders. He probably thought his fielders were no good, and like Wasim decided to do it himself.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Zaheer Khan was nice sometimes.

Although I feel this thread is somewhat a thread of "who is the toughest of the hemophiliacs?"

Chaminda Vaas also just misses out. Another gun.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyon, Zaheer, Ishant, Flintoff and Hoggard are the best nominations so far. Out of these 5, I will rate Zaheer and Hoggard higher since they led weak attacks for a long time while the other 3 were support bowlers.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flintoff often led the attack, bowling the most overs even if he didn't take the new rock. Definitely better than Hoggard and Zaheer too IMO