• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best book on 1989 Ashes..

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
I am looking for a book which covers the entire 1989 Ashes in detail, I'm not looking for daily match reports but with good analysis of the tour. I'm not satisfied with what I have read in magazines like The Cricketer, Wisden Cricket monthly, Australian Cricketer etc.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I assume Steve Waugh’s weighty tomb has a chapter dedicated to it. After all, that’s when he finally started to warrant his selection as a batsman.

Aritro

International Regular
I recall reading the chapter on it in Allan Border's autobiography when I was a kid. Was too young to really know how to form a view on whether it was good writing, but a lot of the narrative has stayed with me so it clearly made an impression.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
I recall reading the chapter on it in Allan Border's autobiography when I was a kid. Was too young to really know how to form a view on whether it was good writing, but a lot of the narrative has stayed with me so it clearly made an impression.
Is it "Beyond Ten Thousand"?
BTW, overall how will u all rate his autobiography?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it "Beyond Ten Thousand"?
BTW, overall how will u all rate his autobiography?
Odd one that - as well as the standard edition this appeared in a specially bound limited edition of 10,123 copies, which is a ridiculous number for a cricket book even granted it was Border - yet despite the fact that it, presumably, sold out it isn't easy to track down the limited edition - well not in England anyway - I had to import one at huge cost from Australia (although to be fair the exchange rate was rather better then)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His autobiography is available at eBay.UK...very cheap price. I am thinking ordering it..should I go for it. Is it worth?
I can't remember what I thought of it I'm afraid, or even if I ever did get round to reading it. But do be careful as there are two - the one called 'An Autobiography' was published in 1986