• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best All-Rounders

Best All-Rounders in ODI's at mom - others > post reply

• Sahid Afridi

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Abdul Razzaq

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Jaques Kallis

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Andy Giles

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Darren Lehmann

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Chris Cairns

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Andrew Symonds

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Sanath Jayasaria

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

amokk1

U19 12th Man
Have to go with Jacque Khallis as well. Where's Wally..I mean Flintoff ?

Special Mention to Ian Harvey !!!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Andy Giles (who is he) :p
Darren lehmann and Sachin Tendulkar are not really all rounders, darren also just got dropped by the Aussies. Where is Oram, Flintoff and Bravo not a very good pool mate. 8-)

Anyway i would say Flintoff in ODIs, his current from has been amazing, but i think Kallis is a better all rounder overall, but Smith hasn't used him well in ODIs or Test since he got the captanicy.

amokk1

U19 12th Man
I reckon, everyweek there is a thread like this out. Who is the best batsman, Best XI, Best bowler....And don't get me started on the INDIAN squad naming.

Is there any point to these threads?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Kallis' bowling is not good enough to call him an All Rounder any more IMO - unpenetrative.
Yes Marc but if they can include Sachin ....

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
It was clearly designed to inflame Flintoff supporters.

I will vote for Mohammad Rafique
I have already voted for Sachin :p

I suppose if he is good enough to make the list then he must be given at least one vote :sleep:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The missing all rounders
1. Flintoff
2. Pollock
3. Sehwag
4. Rafique (why not)
5. Vaas (his batting is better than Sachins bowling , no :p )
6. Nicky Boje - is he not an all rounder if Giles is one ?
7. Ganguly (Even 5 fors in ODI's)

Remind me if I missed some :sleep:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I decided to vote for "Andy" Giles. Unproper polls call for unproper votes.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
I think Afridi at the moment is the best all-rounder, his bowling is really good now, to the point where you can expect his analysis to be something like
10-1-44-2 which is phenomenal considering the current state of pitches in ODIs. On the batting side, you can expect a 30 off of 15 balls as well. He's perfect at #8: he's not expected to build an innings, and he can be the firecracker you need. After all, if you're depending on your #8 to save you, you're in a lot of trouble no matter who you are.