• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best After The Don

Best After the Don

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did Kallis manage to get more votes than Grace, Hammond, Headley, and Pollock? Are people confusing this for the best cricketer after Bradman.

Edit: Coronis, who is this "other" you speak of so highly?

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think a more accurate assessment might be that Lara is like Sobers without the wickets (and bowling variations). Similar batting styles.

sobers no:1

Banned
15 champions
for 2010s

1.gavsakar
2.sobers
3.sachin
4.lara
5.viv
6.barry
7.pollock
8.bradman
9.hutton
10.hobbs
11.headley
12.grace
13.hammond
14.ranji
15.trumper

for 1910s
1.bradman
2.grace
3.gavsakar
4.sobers
5.sachin
6.lara
7.viv
8.barry
9.pollock
10.hutton
11.hobbs
12.headley
13.ranji
14.trumper
15.hammond

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
15 champions
for 2010s

1.gavsakar
2.sobers
3.sachin
4.lara
5.viv
6.barry
7.pollock
8.bradman
9.hutton
10.hobbs
11.headley
12.grace
13.hammond
14.ranji
15.trumper

for 1910s
1.bradman
2.grace
3.gavsakar
4.sobers
5.sachin
6.lara
7.viv
8.barry
9.pollock
10.hutton
11.hobbs
12.headley
13.ranji
14.trumper
15.hammond

He's back!

watson

Banned
So it looks as though Sachin Tendulkar is the second best batsman after Bradman. This is a predictable shame because I'd much rather watch Lara or Sobers bat. Or even Viv Richards or Greg Chappell for that matter, provided that their respective on-drives are on song.

Incidently, why has George Headley received no votes, yet Ponting and Kallis received 3 each? That makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
So it looks as though Sachin Tendulkar is the second best batsman after Bradman. This is a predictable shame because I'd much rather watch Lara or Sobers bat. Or even Viv Richards or Greg Chappell for that matter, provided that their respective on-drives are on song.

Incidently, why has George Headley received no votes, yet Ponting and Kallis received 3 each? That makes no sense at all.
Guess the modern players are rated more highly cos people consider them better athletes, they're still fresh in peoples minds etc. Tendulkar winner.. big surprise. Big shame too, Hobbs, Sobers and Viv clearly ahead of him imo. But to each their own.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Headley would have been my second choice and to me are the two best we have produced. What Headley did to prop up that woeful team is just amazing and what video I have seen from him, he was just magical.
Why Viv is number one for me? Faced the best bowlers of them all and just didn't milk them or rotate the strike, he destroyed and demoralised them, making it easier for those to come after him. From 1976 to the very early '80's and including WSC, it's hard to belive that there has ever been a better batsman, especially considering the conditions, pitches and bowlers he faced.
There is a reason Lara is the prince, there can only be one King and he was the Master Blaster.

smash84

The Tiger King
Headley would have been my second choice and to me are the two best we have produced. What Headley did to prop up that woeful team is just amazing and what video I have seen from him, he was just magical.
Why Viv is number one for me? Faced the best bowlers of them all and just didn't milk them or rotate the strike, he destroyed and demoralised them, making it easier for those to come after him. From 1976 to the very early '80's and including WSC, it's hard to belive that there has ever been a better batsman, especially considering the conditions, pitches and bowlers he faced.
There is a reason Lara is the prince, there can only be one King and he was the Master Blaster.
:thumbup:

sobers no:1

Banned
ponting , ok.
kallis :laugh:
then wher is dravid ? steve ? worrel ? border ? barrington ? weekes? miandad ...........................:unsure:

and NO RANJI and TRUMPER :wacko:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have an opinion on who is number 2. Just being in the argument is a sign of greatness and there are, IMO, no right or wrong answers.