• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI rejects 'whereabouts' testing

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Let me spell it out for all you armchair experts:-
1. There is no american athelete on a taliban/Al qaeda hitlist.
2. Indian players ARE on a terrorist hitlist.
How the hell do you know for sure that these 2 statements are both true then? :ph34r:

Craig

World Traveller
When you're under presidential cover, you cant tell anyone your whereabout. Therfore you can't hire someone. Indian cricketers like Tendulkar and co move around about as much as a Hollywood star, they are here one minute and the next they are someplace else, especially with all their advertising and commercial arrangements. Why should they take it on themselves to do this kind of updates when they can reject the proposal altogether.
Again to use the Tour de France example, they are in a different village/town/city, sometimes different country as well as a new hotel every day. Plenty of other sports people are a similar situation in that their locations a constantly changing and they seem to cope. And I'm not bringing in any apparent issues like safety.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
How the hell do you know for sure that these 2 statements are both true then? :ph34r:
Because captured terrorists in India have spilled the beans on many ocassions and this has been published in many Indian newspapers

While the US have their hands on a whole bunch of Al-Qaeda/Taliban chaps in Guantanamo for all these years and they have not revealed any such threats on American atheletes.

India loses more people to acts of terrorism than all the western countries put together, yet we have these foolish questions regarding security concerns of Indian cricketers.:dry:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Again to use the Tour de France example, they are in a different village/town/city, sometimes different country as well as a new hotel every day. Plenty of other sports people are a similar situation in that their locations a constantly changing and they seem to cope. And I'm not bringing in any apparent issues like safety.
Tour de France = In season. do keep up.

Indian have never objected to any amount of testing in season.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Tour de France = In season. do keep up.

Indian have never objected to any amount of testing in season.
Of course not. Only idiots get caught during season. Sounds to me that India might already have a drug problem they're trying to cover up.

Last edited:

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Lance Armstrong doing the Tour de France = In Season.
Its off season whereabout that are the concern. The Indian players are pretty happy with WADA testing them a million times during season. But why let facts come in the way of your prejudice.
The point I was trying to make, and you obviously failed to understand, that American athletes are quite often tested in countries other than the USA where they are much safer. In or out of season it doesnt matter.

And who said the Taliban are the only terrorists in the world? There are plenty of other terrorist organisations around the world happy to kill Americans ... and Australians or British people for that matter. (see the recent bombings that killed 9 Australians in Indonesia)

And in the future there will be one drug rule for India (ie none) and another rule for teams like Australian and England. Since the ICC is nothing more than a puppet for the BCCI these days I have about as much faith ub the ICC to competently run a fair drug testing program as I would on Sarah Palin's ability to deliver world peace if she became president of the USA.

Last edited:

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Bull ****.

95% of people in the subcontinent have hardly heard about Micheal Phelps, that represents about 1 fifth of world's humanity.

Besides, Tendulkar was featured in the Time magazine atleast two times already.
China, USA, all of Europe, South America, Japan, Korea and the rest of Asia, Oceania, Africa.

So 20% of the world has heard of Tendulkar. 80% of the world has heard of Phelps.

Bad at maths much?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
China, USA, all of Europe, South America, Japan, Korea and the rest of Asia, Oceania, Africa.

So 20% of the world has heard of Tendulkar. 80% of the world has heard of Phelps.

Bad at maths much?
Seems you might be, in failing to realise that the population of every country is not equal.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Of course not. Only idiots get caught during season. Sounds to me that India might already have a drug problem they're trying to cover up.
That reply was to someone who was talking about the Tour-de-France as an example. And I was pointing out that it was a bad example as that was in-season.:dry:

We all know that only idiots get caught during season, or countries who's drug programs are not that leading edge. And we all know that all the top sporting nations of the world are drug cheats who have not been caught as they are ahead of the game.:laugh:

In response to your allegation about the India having a drug problem - Yes we do....did you not know that?? :laugh:
But we have the all-powerfull, cash-rich BCCI which will trample all over the other puny little cricket boards and make sure that our drug-pumped cricketers never get tested.:p

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
The point I was trying to make, and you obviously failed to understand, that American athletes are quite often tested in countries other than the USA where they are much safer. In or out of season it doesnt matter.
And what you don't understand Mr.Slippy is there is a vast difference between a normal risk which every human being in the world faces (including you) of being a victim to terrorism. And being a target on a terrorist list.
Its the difference between your facing the risk of being run down by a car while crossing the road during the course of your life, and your recieving a letter/email from me which promises you that I will run you down with my car and kill you. And I am a crazy person who will kill you as I have killed many people before. Do you understand now? I am waiting outside your house to run you down. You will never know when I shall strike.

And who said the Taliban are the only terrorists in the world? There are plenty of other terrorist organisations around the world happy to kill Americans ... and Australians or British people for that matter. (see the recent bombings that killed 9 Australians in Indonesia)
Please compare the country-wise casualty to terrorism before you put your foot in your mouth. 9 Australians dying in Bali/Indonesia and 10 Brits dying on your underground or buses is still nowhere near the amount of Indians who have died due to terrorism. More Indians died in December 2009 than all UK & Australian civillian casualties put together in the last 10 years. And more Indians have died in the last 10 years than all civillian americans who died on and since 9/11.
The world is bigger than the little pond you live in.

And in the future there will be one drug rule for India (ie none) and another rule for teams like Australian and England. Since the ICC is nothing more than a puppet for the BCCI these days I have about as much faith ub the ICC to competently run a fair drug testing program as I would on Sarah Palin's ability to deliver world peace if she became president of the USA.
Is it the BCCI's fault that the ICC is a puppet?
Is it India's fault that your boards accepted the WADA terms?
The BCCI looks after their own interests and at the interest of Indian Cricket. Its advisable to put your own house in order rather than accuse others for its shortcomings.

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
btw BCCI has offered a fairly reasonable counter-proposal to even off-season testing - i.e. produce any player within 24 hours of a notice for any notice. It is equivalent in testing regimen, while correcting the infringement on privacy.

Craig

World Traveller
Are you willing to bet a million bucks whether it changes as much as Dhoni's or Tendulkar's location?:dry:
Well obviously I can't bet a million bucks since I don't have that, but outside of the professional road cycling season which generally runs from late January to mid-October, they don't just sit by the beach sinking can after can of beer. There are often sponsor functions, award/presentation nights (especially if you are the current World or Olympic Champ, then there can be alot), criteriums (circuit races which are about 1.9km in length and go for an hour) to which they turn up to and earn some healthy appearance money (and sometimes they are in different towns and cities), there are often track cycling events called 6 dayers (as the name suggests, they go for 6 days) held in various European cities and there isn't a big time gap between them, if they have changed teams for the next year then there is generally a training camp where all the new and exisiting riders get together to get to know each other, and any pre-season training camps as well. And this as not before you take in any personal vacation time. And FYI your 'whereabouts' are not set in stone, it that can be changed via SMS, e-mail, or logging on to a secure website and you can update your details and as many times as possible (ie if Dhoni is at the airport and finds his plane to Mumbai is going to be delayed by 5 hours, then he can send an SMS or find somewhere in the airport that has an e-mail connection or WI-FI to which he can use on his laptop or mobile phone to which he can make his changes).

So trust me, they do move about a fair bit. Funny how I'm trying to have a proper conversation and you are the one who is getting angry, and patronising people.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
i am sure there will not be a handful for athletes in the world who will be able to beat tendulkar as far as the amount of out off season events are taken into account. and i don't think many of them carry 10-20 security guards around them even when you are at your hometown