• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

nibbs

International Captain
Carl Arnison - 21 yo, BT Rating=106,956, Wage=£20,354
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: exceptional

Coco. How far is Arnison from Wonderful bowling? He is a nice a player.

nibbs

International Captain
Tyler Hulse - 21 yo, BT Rating=86,321, Wage=£20,523
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: superb
Fielding: proficient

I really need to start getting cons into him. Too much of a liability with it only being superb. I'm finding you basically need cons > bowling to actually be worth having :-O I have a sens/exc who just isn't effective at all... he is actually performing horribly. I'm really gearing my team towards having secondaries at least equivalent to primaries. Just can't survive any other way. This guy's going to be listed too, has performed poorly all season and should fetch a bit on the market. I also want to free up some training room to round out the wonderful bat/masterful bowl allrounder's secondaries:
Rob. Are you sticking with your exceptional max. rule atm? Hulse looks like a nice player. you would need to train him through to sensational to level out those cons i'd imagine.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Coco. How far is Arnison from Wonderful bowling? He is a nice a player.
I'm not sure mate, I think his bowling only popped a couple of weeks back. He's on 2 nets though for bowling, which might be a waste but I haven't managed to pull a good trainee to throw a bowling net at yet.

Will be looking to get another bowler to train soon to divert some nets to.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
If I have 35 ITS and I want to make a good bowler out of a 17 year old....how many ITS should I allocate on Bowling and other traits?

nibbs

International Captain
Sammy Pearson - 20 yo, BT Rating=63,442, Wage=£16,698
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: remarkable Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Maurice Simmonds - 18 yo, BT Rating=35,883, Wage=£4,053
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb

Fielding: respectable

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Sammy Pearson - 20 yo, BT Rating=63,442, Wage=£16,698
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: remarkable Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Maurice Simmonds - 18 yo, BT Rating=35,883, Wage=£4,053
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb

What's your average level for bowling in your team?

nibbs

International Captain
What's your average level for bowling in your team?
my bowlers are -
exquisite/exceptional
sensational/miraculous
sensational/exquisite
exceptional/miraculous

and the aforementioned simmonds...

i'm cashed up at the moment though, and looking to spend. i'd love to snare coco's arnison, just quietly. he's a nice player

and jakester no... stamina is more important. even if cons do fall behind a bit in the early days they can be caught up fast enough later on. stamina is more important, because the sooner the player has settled stamina, the sooner he can start playing for his club on a more regular basis without pfl being causing too much trouble, and therefore he can gain experience sooner as well.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Rob. Are you sticking with your exceptional max. rule atm? Hulse looks like a nice player. you would need to train him through to sensational to level out those cons i'd imagine.
Haha no, I've changed my philosophy. I am actually aiming to have at least 5 bowlers exquisite+ with no one below sensational, apart from fillers. I have found it's just too difficult to bowl people out with bowlers less than exquisite. Ideally I think you'd be looking for at least exquisite+ bowlers and - although batting is a bit more flexible - probably sensational+ batsmen, with equivalent secondaries. I'm aiming to get Hulse to sensational/elite+1 or 2 batting and exquisite/miraculous bowling. Big wages but you need to have players that good to actually be successful. And I figure, you will be winning more in a higher league so you'll be getting good money, AND I can just pick up a 17yo or 18yo and put them on 2 nets for a season and make decent $$$ anyway.

Here's the bulk of my team:

Code:
[size=2]Rory Holdsworth - 26 yo, BT Rating=218,187, Wage=£106,827   
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RH wrist spin bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and phenomenal experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina:	superb*		Wicket Keeping:	worthless
Batting:	exquisite	Concentration:	masterful
Bowling:	exquisite	Consistency:	phenomenal
Fielding:	quality		

Dilawar Salhan - 23 yo, BT Rating=121,333, Wage=£71,105   
A steady RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and phenomenal experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina:	superb		Wicket Keeping:	worthless
Batting:	wonderful	Concentration:	strong
Bowling:	masterful	Consistency:	exceptional
Fielding:	strong		

Jack Allott - 22 yo, BT Rating=90,451, Wage=£28,153   
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and respectable experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina:	superb		Wicket Keeping:	feeble
Batting:	superb		Concentration:	wonderful
Bowling:	exceptional	Consistency:	wonderful
Fielding:	strong		

Christopher Shaw - 25 yo, BT Rating=88,179, Wage=£45,447   
A steady RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and masterful experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Batting:	exquisite	Concentration:	sensational
Bowling:	worthless	Consistency:	feeble
Fielding:	proficient		

Tyler Hulse - 21 yo, BT Rating=86,321, Wage=£20,523   
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina:	superb		Wicket Keeping:	abysmal
Batting:	remarkable	Concentration:	exceptional
Bowling:	wonderful	Consistency:	superb
Fielding:	proficient		

Nigel Whitehouse - 23 yo, BT Rating=72,107, Wage=£32,121   
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RH finger spin bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Batting:	sensational	Concentration:	exceptional
Bowling:	worthless	Consistency:	feeble
Fielding:	competent		

Richard Appleyard - 23 yo, BT Rating=70,797, Wage=£31,594   
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and quality experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina:	superb		Wicket Keeping:	abysmal
Batting:	worthless	Concentration:	feeble
Bowling:	sensational	Consistency:	exceptional
Fielding:	mediocre		

Bob Thabo - 21 yo, BT Rating=50,245, Wage=£17,081   
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and respectable experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has mediocre batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Batting:	wonderful	Concentration:	wonderful
Bowling:	abysmal		Consistency:	woeful
Fielding:	woeful		

Farhan Jahanzeb - 20 yo, BT Rating=45,560, Wage=£18,106   
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina:	strong		Wicket Keeping:	wonderful
Batting:	remarkable	Concentration:	strong
Bowling:	worthless	Consistency:	mediocre
Fielding:	worthless		

Eugene Peel - 21 yo, BT Rating=42,478, Wage=£16,840   
An attacking LH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait. 
He currently has proficient batting form, mediocre bowling form and sublime fitness.

Batting:	exceptional	Concentration:	quality
Bowling:	abysmal		Consistency:	worthless
Fielding:	worthless		

Oz Robbins - 29 yo, BT Rating=37,175, Wage=£14,149   
A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and masterful experience. He has no preference and no trait. 

Stamina:	proficient	Wicket Keeping:	worthless
Batting:	worthless	Concentration:	worthless
Bowling:	wonderful	Consistency:	quality
Fielding:	woeful[/size]
I'm pretty happy with the youth because they are going to be around for a while. I have a general rule to sell players when they're 27/28 but these guys have plenty of time. My aim is to get:

Hulse to sens/elite bat, exq/mir bowl
Allott to rem/mir bat, exq/mir bowl
Salhan to wond/str bat, mast/mast bowl (he might pop to miraculous bowling as I train his cons. I figure he could be a freak with better cons so it'd be a waste not to train it)
Jahanzeb to exq/mir bat, sens W/K
Thabo to exq/mast bat
Probably sell Peel due to his conc, and also probably sell Appleyard. I wish I'd kept training him, because he popped to sensational about 5 months ago and would be much better if he were exq/exq or something. I'll get a decent amount for him in the next season or two as he's still quite young. Wages will obviously become pretty big but that's why I'm hoping I will actually be competitive enough to get consistent crowds and so on. By next season the 20-22 year olds should be starting to really perform as their secondaries go up. They struggle big time at the moment.

And how's your team looking kurt? I think your restructure worked a treat. It would've been hard to sell Duggan and co. but it's been for the better, you've got a really nice young side and will be pushing Div 1 soon IMO. Do you think I should aim to sell Whitehouse & Appleyard soonish as they're unlikely to be trained any more and could actually fetch a lot as 23yos?

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
The "new academy player" page says:

The Player's age is 17.

You currently have 34 ITS to allocate to a new player.
You can only allocate 30 of these ITS to a new player of this age.

Academy Condition: respectable

Max ITS: 30

ITS Remaining: 30

What does this mean? I can't use more than 30 ITS for a 17 year old??

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The "new academy player" page says:

The Player's age is 17.

You currently have 34 ITS to allocate to a new player.
You can only allocate 30 of these ITS to a new player of this age.

Academy Condition: respectable

Max ITS: 30

ITS Remaining: 30

What does this mean? I can't use more than 30 ITS for a 17 year old??
The condition of your academy also dictates the amount of ITS used. Yours is currently at respectable so for a 17yo the most you can use is 30. Upgrade the academy to superb and you'll be able to use the full 35.

Bobisback

International Regular
A couple of pops in the past two weeks:

Eamonn Johal - 21 yo, BT Rating=143,555, Wage=£49,102
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: strong

He is only on 2 bowling atm, will switch to 1 when his bowling pops, and maybe switch it to a batting.

Harrison Yeadon - 19 yo, BT Rating=56,776, Wage=£12,461
A steady LH batsman and a steady RH wrist spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours RH Batsmen but has no trait.
He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: exceptional

A non U19 player. :) Gets Phenomenal ratings by himself. Going to be a gun.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Set myself up a training plan, which will see me through the end of season 22/start of season 23. Probably won't stick to it completely, but I've drawn up what I feel are some nice plans to point my club in the right direction.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Put two of my guns up for sale. Yew!

Adrian Simmonds - 29 yo, BT Rating=30,800, Wage=£13,940
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking LFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and exquisite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, worthless bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: quality
Fielding: feeble

Warren Mccafferty - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,602, Wage=£5,828
A steady LH batsman and a steady LM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got bowled out for 7 in my first innings of the FC match :laugh: Backed it up with a solid 40-odd in the second to lose by an innings and 400.

My second team should be congratulated though for sticking to the plan to ensure we are relegated in FC whilst chasing a guaranteed promotion in OD and actually having a crack at Div IV OD next season.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Absolutely nothing to do on battrick for the rest of the season bar watch the games.

Set the orders for first XI games, then set my default as my second XI, so I don't have to do that.

Keen for friendlies if anyone has similar teams, or will play a similar quality side to mine.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 2: 9-0, runrate=4.50
Stanford 1-0-2-0
Hughes* 1 (5 balls)
Siems 6 (7 balls)

Playing my mate today, really looking forward to this match.

He's bought some new players recently, so it should be a close match.

Carn boys!

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 17: 87-1, runrate=5.12
Stanford 4-0-11-0
Francois* 28 (26 balls)
Hughes 24 (48 balls)
Last Wicket: Siems c. Tedstone b. Barat 25 (FOW: 41/1)

Francois keeping up the good rate after Siems dismissal, shame that Hughes is ristricting us from a run a ball or greater.