• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bought this guy this week. Nice early pop.

18.Eamonn Henry - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,010
LH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, competent bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Son Of Coco

Carl Arnison
Carl is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Battrick Rating: 12,340

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: strong

Just the one pop this week.

Jakester1288

International Regular
My first match:

Code:
skippjax v Killers CC (3976791)
Date: 	07/06/2009 00:30 	Ground: 	skippjax CG
Pitch: 	Cracked 	Weather: 	[sunny]
Killers CC won the toss and elected to bat.
First Innings of: Killers CC
Name 			Runs 	Balls 	4s 	6s
Arnold 	c. Flowers 	b. Holme 	7 	15 	1 	0
Raisani 	c. Castle 	b. Searle 	40 	88 	2 	0
Tyas 		b. Rowley 	5 	10 	1 	0
Brayson 	c. Brand 	b. Brackenbridge 	19 	38 	0 	0
Newton (*)(+) 	c. Flowers 	b. Brackenbridge 	25 	50 	1 	0
Fletcher 	c. Flowers 	b. Searle 	2 	4 	0 	0
Hendricks 	c. Flowers 	b. Brackenbridge 	20 	38 	2 	0
Jabulile 	c. Flowers 	b. Mosheua 	1 	6 	0 	0
Earle 	not 	out 	13 	17 	1 	0
Britz 	c. Flowers 	b. Holme 	0 	4 	0 	0
Rocastle 		b. Holme 	8 	26 	1 	0
Extras (0b, 4lb, 3w, 5nb) 	12 	
Total (48.3 overs, 10 wickets) 	152 	
FOW 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	10
Total 	18 	33 	73 	79 	81 	117 	120 	131 	133 	152
Batsman Out 	1 	3 	4 	2 	6 	7 	8 	5 	10 	11
Name 	O 	M 	R 	W 	nb 	wd
Rowley 	9 	1 	27 	1 	0 	1
Holme 	9.3 	0 	44 	3 	2 	1
Mosheua 	10 	2 	20 	1 	1 	1
Searle 	10 	0 	35 	2 	1 	0
Brackenbridge 	10 	1 	22 	3 	1 	0

First Innings of: skippjax
Name 			Runs 	Balls 	4s 	6s
Castle 	not 	out 	54 	68 	4 	0
Felice (*) 	c. Newton 	b. Hendricks 	42 	40 	4 	1
Brand 	not 	out 	50 	41 	4 	0
Nagamootoo 						
Akbar-ur-rehman 						
Searle 						
Flowers (+) 						
Mosheua 						
Rowley 						
Holme 						
Brackenbridge 						
Extras (2b, 3lb, 2w, 2nb) 	9 	
Total (24.3 overs, 1 wickets) 	155 	
FOW 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	10
Total 	73 									
Batsman Out 	2 									
Name 	O 	M 	R 	W 	nb 	wd
Jabulile 	7 	0 	44 	0 	0 	1
Hendricks 	7 	0 	41 	1 	2 	0
Earle 	5.3 	0 	30 	0 	0 	0
Rocastle 	5 	0 	35 	0 	0 	1
Britz 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0
I am terrible.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mario Downer (2569377)

Mario is a RH Batsman and RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Chips Cheese and Gravy CC
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 4,540
Wages: £472 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

up for 0

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Ok I'm keen, but I still can't invite you for a friendly. What to I have to do?
Friendlies take place on Sundays, i.e. the same day as cup matches. If someone's still in the cup (as most teams on here will), you'll see something like "Still in Cup" at the bottom right of their pavilion page...and you won't be able to challenge them.

Once teams get knocked out of the cup, the "Still in Cup" line will be replaced with either "Friendly already arranged" or a drop down list allowing you to challenge either home or away.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Friendlies take place on Sundays, i.e. the same day as cup matches. If someone's still in the cup (as most teams on here will), you'll see something like "Still in Cup" at the bottom right of their pavilion page...and you won't be able to challenge them.

Once teams get knocked out of the cup, the "Still in Cup" line will be replaced with either "Friendly already arranged" or a drop down list allowing you to challenge either home or away.
Ok, thanks for that.

How come a guy in my league could challenge me this/last week though?

Son Of Coco

Ok, thanks for that.

How come a guy in my league could challenge me this/last week though?
Are you in the cup?

My OD league is truly woeful this season. I have Haffy CC who, if I pick up another decent bowler, I should be able to get the better of at home. Assuming he hasn't added any decent bats. There's on other team who are ok, but I always beat them at full strength. Then there are a whole heap of teams who are useless. 4 of them have ratings that hover between 2000 and 4000 for nearly their whole team.

FC is a little better.

20/20 will be tough.

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
I could have made a massive miscalculation this season. Sold off a lot of solid but unspectacular first teamers, and whilst I've amassed a war chest of over £9M, I've struggled to find the sort of allrounder on whom I want to spend it.

Would ideally like an Att or Dest seamer, at least Wond in batting and bowling, and with well rounded secondaries. Though having said that I'm pretty flexible on temperament and bowling type, and would even possibly settle for lower skill-set, if they had training potential.

Suppose I'm looking for someone like Adam's Watkins, or Andy's Canning, if I go down the older route, and maybe someone like Chaminda's trainee, if I go for the self-assembly option.

I believe I have enough money, as I've seen the sort of player I want going for £7/8M, (albeit when I didn't have any money). However, the last week or so, Div VI sides seem to be able to out-bid me, right up to around £10M somehow - And on players who often have obvious, if not fatal flaws. I suppose I could have carried on bidding, but call it mean if you like, but I resent blowing my entire transfer budget on someone, if they're not exactly what I'm looking for.

Though I guess, with the season proper starting this week, I'm going to have to stop being so fussy, as ATM I have a Med/Woe - Comp/Med former failed YP journeyman as my No.8 bat and B5. With all three leagues tough as ever, it could spell disaster if I drop a few early results and let morale slide.

Later, Trev

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey trev

What about this guy as your all rounder:
Graeme Blundell (477782)
Code:
Graeme is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and exceptional experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: Nothingness 
Nationality: England 
Battrick Rating: 420,170 
Wages: £153,490 p/w 
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: respectable 
Batting: quality Concentration: elite 
Bowling: quality Consistency: elite 
Fielding: mediocre
Comparing him to Murali and Thamba bloke Warna, he basically masterful/masterful all rounder. Age is an issue but with his stamina he could play to 36. His game time will drop when his 33 as fitness starts to drop but it might not effect performances until his 35. Though I'm still testing age and stuff. But pretty sure he is masterful/masterful all rounder.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Interesting!?!

I had seen him, and was considering him if the price didn't go up too steeply, although I'm not sure of the equation between the effects of secondaries and primaries. For example, I was told once, when learning BT, that Conc had roughly the same effect of a third of batting (albeit with more of an emphasis on staying in rather than scoring runs). But my WK, Noon, is Rem/Elite+1 Bat, which under that formula, should translate to Wond/Mir, or Exc/Sens, or even to stretch a point, Sens/Rem.

So I'm really interested to find out how you reckon this guy compares to a Mast/Mast? Maybe I've got it wrong all these years? That's perfectly possible, as Noon consistently out-performed Akhtar last season, for the majority of which he was Sens/Rem.

Cheers Chaminda. Don't suppose you fancy selling your trainee, (name escapes me ATM), or even your Exc/Exc guy? As I say, I can go up to £9/10M

Later, trev

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you look at his wages compared to an exq/exq all rounder (Warna) who has $119,771 per week. Then you compare it to mast/elite (bat), mast/phon (bowl) NT trainee who has wages of $170k per week. The NT trainee about to pop to mir batting and bowling. Warna about to pop to masterful batting and bowling. Someone with wages $153,490 per week would be basically mast/mast for mine. Fielding and keeping would make a difference to wages, but both the two guys I compared him to have higher fielding and keeping. Graeme Blundell has very high levels of elite looking at his wages.

I could be wrong, but thats how I worked it out.

Last edited: