• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
My skill-trade trainee has popped, so he's up for sale...

Robert Winters (2431509)
Robert is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Battrick Rating: 10,553 (+223)
Wages: £1,681 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

Destructive F, and only 18, and Mediocre batting too, so would make someone a pretty good trainee if they could spare the nets...unfortunately, I need a somewhat quicker fix, and already have a similar bowler being trained up.

His consistency popped four weeks ago, BTW, so he should be about a third of the way towards Respectable.

Anyone..?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ireland took 9 - 45 against a decent team in the Cup this week. Won by 10 wickets with a brilliant display of batting from Middleton and Candappa.

Doing well in the cup, and ****e in everything else.

Son Of Coco

A couple of secondary pops this week:

13.Carl Arnison - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,476
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: strong

14.Ben Faulconbridge - 25 yo, BT Rating=32,687
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 18: 83-3, runrate=4.61
Waters 4-0-12-2
Byerley* 10 (13 balls)
Duce 28 (47 balls)
Last Wicket: Flinders c. Coutts b. Waters 2 (FOW: 67/3)

Versing a bot. Last week I lost to a bot with a similar line up, I'm on a dusty pitch, with 5 seamers (sorting out the best, but have worked out Waters is one and trying to find his partner, to go with my 3 spinners) on take it easy with a terrible (second string) line up.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 50: 254-6, runrate=5.08
Britz 10-0-74-0
Beresford* 63 (61 balls)
Fitzpatrick 4 (4 balls)

Chase should be fun. Every batsmen is very aggressive. Resting my 2 best batsmen.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
End of Over 15: 87-0, runrate=5.80, reqrunrate=0.97 (120-10)
Serrant 1-0-5-0
Fox* 53 (54 balls)
Oakley 32 (37 balls)

Tis looking good.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 20: 109-1, runrate=5.45, reqrunrate=4.87 (254-6)
Mckenna 5-0-27-0
Newton* 49 (57 balls)
Coutts 13 (12 balls)
Last Wicket: Raisani c. Woolner b. Fitzpatrick 44 (FOW: 84/1)

'Tis looking good.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 20: 109-1, runrate=5.45, reqrunrate=4.87 (254-6)
Mckenna 5-0-27-0
Newton* 49 (57 balls)
Coutts 13 (12 balls)
Last Wicket: Raisani c. Woolner b. Fitzpatrick 44 (FOW: 84/1)

'Tis looking good.
Won with 1.3 overs left to go thanks to 93 from Newton and 49 from Coutts, along with a few double digit scores from others. Naming a better team for Sunday's friendly (resting 2 best batsmen), then when the normal matches (not against bots) I will be using my full strength team.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a 36 yo Bowling allrounder for 1 million Best bowler (except stamina) in the team now.:laugh:

Desperate times, desperate measures

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
3.Hamid Campbell - 20 yo, BT Rating=57,875 shortcut
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: wonderful
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Matt Longthorn - 19 yo, BT Rating=35,320
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Thomas Jackman - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,997
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
23.Sarath Cramar - 20 yo, BT Rating=41,132
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Son Of Coco

13.Carl Arnison - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,169
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: strong

Got excited about a game against the weakest team in the OD league that isn't a bot on Friday:

Coco's Nuts: 316/4 (Hutchinson 137, Strydom 77*, Faulconbridge 34*; Browne 2/58)
Woolies United: 8 (Thabethe 6; Mabudafhasi 6/3, Andre 4/5)]

At least I batted first. Think that's the lowest score I've bowled a team out for.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I batted first in my Twenty20.

End of Over 13: 76-10, runrate=5.85
Acton 3-0-25-3
Mulvaney* 40 (32 balls)

Mulvaney is my number 3. Poor performance TBH.

Jakester1288

International Regular
:laugh:

You get some good teams in Twenty20
In my first 3 Twenty20's (against real people) I won 2 and lost the last in a close match. Hopefully I can turn it around tomorrow and the next day. If the bowling and batting doesn't improve in the next match, changes will be made. Probably bringing in Coutts (batsmen) and Britz (bowler) and then maybe Seddon (allrounder) if needed.

Son Of Coco

In my first 3 Twenty20's (against real people) I won 2 and lost the last in a close match. Hopefully I can turn it around tomorrow and the next day. If the bowling and batting doesn't improve in the next match, changes will be made. Probably bringing in Coutts (batsmen) and Britz (bowler) and then maybe Seddon (allrounder) if needed.
I have two games coming up today and tomorrow where I'll be lucky to win, although I should be a better chance tomorrow. Last time I played the team I'm up against tonight I lost by 60 runs but it was my second team so maybe there's a chance. On paper though they should win.

Coming first at the moment, but that should change after this round of games I'd imagine. Mind you, I did beat Elite Express so anything's possible I suppose.

Son Of Coco

Posted 152 from my 20 overs, not a bad effort given they had some bowlers with very good ratings. Lost 4-22 at the start and 6 wickets in the last two overs including a 4 wicket maiden with a hat-trick in the second last. :laugh: Fortunately I still had two decent bats in when the two poor bowlers came on.

Will need some luck to win, but have them 15/2 with some weak batting in the middle order. If I can somehow get past the guy with a BT rating of 115,000 at 7 (like if the top order collapses and he only has tailender as support), then I may pull it off. They have average to poor bats at 4,5 and 6. Have gotten rid of the two openers who have BT rating of 90000+ which is good.

Edit: Unfortunately the lowest rated of the bats so far is taking me apart...and my first change bowler just went for 4,4,6 in his first 3 balls...

Edit2: Make that 4,4,6,1,W :happy: Should get to no.7 quickly now.

Last edited: