• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Side just has a lot of passengers. Now at a point in BT where players need to be perfect or they're not worth having.
Should probably sell off a few of mine. Have a lot of players kept for sentimental reasons, despite being absolute crap.

Steven Brayley - 32 yo, BT Rating=2,697, Wage=£509
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LH finger spin bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and superb experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has woeful batting form, worthless bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Mukunda Ghandi - 37 yo, BT Rating=4,603, Wage=£786
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and quality experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has competent batting form, worthless bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: competent

Dennis Lever - 35 yo, BT Rating=5,534, Wage=£609
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RF bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and superb experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Bobby Mcmahon - 37 yo, BT Rating=3,172, Wage=£583
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and strong experience. He favours Fast Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has mediocre batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Colin Rhodes - 41 yo, BT Rating=3,203, Wage=£470
A steady LH batsman and a steady LH finger spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
:laugh:

Bobisback

International Regular
Billy Bowden - 21 yo, BT Rating=29, Wage=£250
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has worthless batting form, worthless bowling form and sublime fitness.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

I have this gem.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Looking forward to my BT20 tomorrow night, playing the team who's got the wood over me, and I've lost on the last 2 occasions we've played. His side is a bit better than mine, but I'm quietly confident if my tactics work out right I can get up over him.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to my BT20 tomorrow night, playing the team who's got the wood over me, and I've lost on the last 2 occasions we've played. His side is a bit better than mine, but I'm quietly confident if my tactics work out right I can get up over him.
What is your team's name?

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 8: 62-2, runrate=7.75
Goodman 1-0-5-0
Hughes* 29 (23 balls)
Vidale 28 (21 balls)
Last Wicket: Adri b. Forde 0 (FOW: 2/2)

The 2 early ones were bowlers I put up high in the order.

This should be a close one, he's not playing his complete first XI for whatever reason, so if I can remove his dangerous no 1 and 3, I can win this if I get a good total first up.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 20: 192-2, runrate=9.60
Forde 4-0-42-1
Hughes* 80 (56 balls)
Vidale 106 (60 balls)
Last Wicket: Adri b. Forde 0 (FOW: 2/2)

Vidale was 94* with 2 left, finished the innings with twin sixes.

Now to finish the job, starting by removing his no 1 and 3, then ripping through the rest.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 4: 18-1, runrate=4.50, reqrunrate=10.94 (192-2)
Lancashire 2-0-8-1
Hawley* 3 (4 balls)
Strutter 7 (9 balls)
Last Wicket: Morrison b. Lancashire 7 (FOW: 15/1)

His 2 best together now, here's hoping he's either got them too defensive or they just aren't up to it today.

Jakester1288

International Regular
19.3 W Lancashire to Goodman
Goodman went for a wander down the pitch, but soon wished he'd stayed at home as Francois whipped the bails off. Out!
19.2 W Lancashire to Neil
A confusion of pads, bat and glove. The umpire raised the finger, and as Neil traipses off he asked 'Was that LBW or caught behind?', 'A bit of both', replied the umpire uneasily. We'll check the scorecard later.
19.1 W Lancashire to Samiullah
Confident appeal, and he's out. Beaten by the slower ball and caught plumb on the pad. It would certainly have gone on to hit middle.

End of Over 19: 144-5, runrate=7.58, reqrunrate=49.00 (192-2)
Adri 4-0-24-2
Samiullah* 5 (5 balls)
Forde 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Garrity b. Adri 4 (FOW: 144/5)
18.6 W Adri to Garrity
And that's Garrity gone. Fine ball from Adri, the ball nibbling back off the seam and finding the gap between bat and pad.
18.5 4 Adri to Garrity
Garrity drove that well. Classic textbook drive, our younger viewers should be making notes after watching that shot.
18.4 W Adri to Shipp
Hit down the ground but not cleanly. The ball won't clear Fillery, who takes a good pressure catch.

Good finish there, a few wickets helping my net RR alot.

And that's the end of the match. Killers CC won by 43 runs.
Killers CC 192-2
Godmanchester Spitfires 149-9

End of Over 20: 149-9, runrate=7.45
Lancashire 4-0-25-6
Dumisani* 1 (1 balls)
0 (0 balls)

Picked up another wicket, and they lost 7 in their last 3, which should help my net RR situation.

Now, me and this guy plus another are all equal on 28 points, and this guy will remain first, but the other and myself will be determined by net RR to who is 2nd and 3rd. Then we will battle it out net RR wise, considering we will both win all our remaining matches, for 1st, 2nd and 3rd - and I'm gunna give it a red hot go. Well, I won't be playing my first XI v bots, but a second XI on GFI with a couple of first XI players should do the trick.

Bobisback

International Regular
1. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 8 8 0 0 32 37.77
2. Pie Chuckers 8 8 0 0 32 36.61

I play him in the last game of the T20 season, should be a cracker.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 15: 159-0, runrate=10.60
Hawley 4-0-41-0
Gill* 62 (38 balls)
Raisani 94 (53 balls)

I'm so over playing bots now. I've had more than my fair share this season, it's now just taking the enjoyment out of Battrick.

Anyway, I've got a few first XI matches, but in the last couple of matches, is it possible to get over these guys net RR wise?

1. Godmanchester Spitfires 8 7 0 1 28 60.02
2. WendyarmCC 8 7 0 1 28 42.64
3. Killers CC 8 7 0 1 28 36.60

We're all going to win our remaining games, all playing bots. God I wish we were playing each other or something to give me a good shot.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Lost my OD match again. It was expected but I thought my team would perform better than they did, the batting was really poor today.

Just bought this guy last night for £3,252,710, real bargin IMO.

Bill Cox - 25 yo, BT Rating=45,697, Wage=£19,865
A steady LH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and quality experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: strong
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

Is going to receive training obviously.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Won my OD on GFI today, against a team a lot better than me.

He had recently gone bot, so his players had fresh fitness and worthless form, so this evened the playing field a bit. Plus, I knew what line up he'd play.

I made a major error making my batsman bowl 5th instead of my spinner (who was a partnership breaker, but on very defensive) and he gave away 75 runs, but picked up a wicket.

Anyway, I batted first, my opener who has been in great form posted a solid 83 off 101, my next 3 (bowlers put up to see off his best bowler/s) went for 0, 4 and 12. Then came my star bat who's doing everything right atm, and continued his great run of form with 118* off 100, and with my no 6, there to hit at the end, made a nice 53* off 53 to help me to 4/279

They were 1/175 after 33, looking on track, when my batsman removed his for 91 off 94. Fillery grabbed 3 in the 41st over, slowing them a bit for their last 10, and on the final over, they need 13. First ball they run a 3, but 5 singles followed and we won by 4 runs!

What a bloody good victory, thanks to Vidale with his second ton in 3 days (tonned up against decent opposition in the T20) and the 2 supporting batsmen, plus Fillery and Adri for keeping it tight.

I'd assume it would have been a better win if my bowler actually bowled, but still a great win nonetheless. So stoked with that, and yes, I realise I'm rambling. Wish I didn't have to work and could have watched that today.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carl Arnison - 21 yo, BT Rating=113,972, Wage=£20,354
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: remarkable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: exceptional

Eddie Strydom - 23 yo, BT Rating=114,412, Wage=£30,118
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and proficient experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: wonderful Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient

At least I think these are pops. I'm not a member and just noticed them.

Jakester1288

International Regular
10. Benjamin Adri - 19 yo, BT Rating=23,390, Wage=£3,124 shortcut
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong

4. Mike Vidale - 19 yo, BT Rating=20,216, Wage=£5,085 shortcut
A steady RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Hard and Fast Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has feeble batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Vidale, what a week. Unbeaten ton's in his BT20 and OD, and a pop to become my highest primary player. I was batting off over Fillery, but Vidale is already better, and only 19.

Gunna change Adri's stamina to either a bowling, or a net on Fillery or someone else who needs stam.

Maybe my keeper could do with 3 bat...hmm, idk, I'll sort something out.