• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, next round:

Is everyone happy to organise the matches between themselves or should I just assign home/away randomly?

I'll do the plate draw and a quick summary of the first round matches later. There'll be 8 teams in the plate so it'll finish a week earlier than the proper final, which is good.

Actually I'll do it now, random draw:

Crusaders v bobisback
Lancashire v Central Districts
Alternative XI v Sad Decadent XI
Jaffna Jets v Robertinho Select XI

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
nibbs said:
Disappointing that Boggles isn't a part of this cup, but I'm sure this will be one cup filled with drama, and plenty of emotion..
Sorry old bean, moved house start of the month and British Telecom are being tarts about de-tagging my phone line. Couple that with full-time employment and you have no chance of t'internet access.

Looks like a few shocks in the first round though, I shall watch from the sidelines and smugly claim I could beat anyone. :happy:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's your summary of the first round:

Boulevard Bombers v Crusaders at Rose Gardens
Boulevard Bombers 340/4 from 50 overs (Crowe 104*, Wilmers 95; Mitten 2-45, Ganfield 1-62)
bt Crusaders 153/10 from 34.2 overs (Rampaul 48, Barton 38; Bignot 5-15, Groves 4-33)
MotM: Bignot

Central Districts v Got Spin at Pukekura Park
Got Spin 383/2 from 50 overs (Saunders 215*, Mccammon 124; Pryde 1-93, Benning 0-42)
bt Central Districts 307/10 from 48 overs (De beer 113, Heads 111; Sainsbury 5-44, Abbey 2-59)
MotM: Sainsbury

Robertinho Select XI v Kipper XI at Robertinho Select XI CG
Robertinho Select XI 242/7 from 50 overs (Wolfenden 95, Millard 65; Chambers 4-52, Vernon 3-40)
lost to Kipper XI 246/5 from 47.3 overs (Dove 75*, Brydon 52; Mills 2-31, Mcmillan 2-37)
MotM: Dove

Victoria Panthers v bobisback at Victoria Panthers CG
bobisback 219/8 from 50 overs (Xingwana 60*, Mcginn 30; Hook 3-28, Barry 2-57)
lost to Victoria Panthers 222/1 from 35.3 overs (Malcolm 98*, Wight 93*; Poulter 1-64, Mitchell 0-21)
MotM: Malcolm

Jamees 999ers v Sad Decadent XI at The Jamee Gray Arena
Sad Decadent XI 134/10 from 38 overs (Abdul kadir 35, Perkins 23; Aldred 4-26, Bardle 3-17)
lost to Jamees 999ers 135/1 from 28 overs (Trotman 69, Gowshall 31*; Hamed 1-24, Martyn 0-16)
MotM: Aldred

Jaffna Jets v VIndscreen Vipers at Jaffna Jets CG
Vindscreen VIpers 289/4 from 50 overs (Umar 98, Rhodes 62; Baptiste 2-56, Dowdall 2-62)
bt Jaffna Jets 267/10 from 46.2 overs (Ellis 73, Clayton 62; Umar 6-34, Rhodes 2-52)
MotM: Umar

Magical Ponies v Lancashire at Magical Ponies CG
Magical Ponies 337/7 from 50 overs (Sutton 135, Griffin 118; Islam 4-47, Keane 3-84)
bt Lancashire 232/10 from 43 overs (Heather 56, Challinor 39; Fernando 4-35, Erasmus 2-18)
MotM: Fernando

Alternative XI v Viveash at Alternative XI CG
Viveash 327/5 from 50 overs (Elvins 128, Kenna 76*; Sekhon 2-48, Lebohang 2-75)
bt Alternative XI 128/10 from 29.4 overs (Tailor 45, Gratton 21; Wainwright 3-15, Stevens 3-24)
MotM: Elvins

Hmm that took too long. Same awards as Rob used last time round:

Player of the Week
Irfan Umar (Vindscreen VIpers)
Two horse race for the award between Umar and Saunders of Got Spin who hit an unbeaten double-ton; however the 18yo allrounder got the nod for a matchwinning performance against Jaffna Jets. Umar hit 98 runs opening the innings to set up a solid total for the Vipers, before masterminding a late collapse by the Jets to secure a tight win against evenly-matched opponents. Umar finished with career-best figures of 6-34 and the MotM award.

Team of the Week
Magical Ponies
Starting the match as underdogs against Lancashire, the Ponies put in a commanding performance to emerge 105-run winners. Star batsmen Griffin and Sutton each reached three figures to set up an impressive total of 337/7, before recent signing Fernando spearheaded the bowling attack with four wickets. Honourable mention to Kipper XI who pulled off an upset win against Robertinho Select XI.

Best Effort
Central Districts

Despite conceding a mammoth total of 383/2, Central Districts batsmen De beer and Heads kept their side's hopes alive against their more experienced opponents. After an early wicket, the pair combined to put on 231 runs in 36 overs, each scoring centuries, and it was only when Heads fell with the score on 233 that the Got Spin bowlers were able to assert control, though they couldn't prevent Central Districts from passing 300.

Bobisback

International Regular
I bags my game against Crusaders to be at my home ground, simply because i dont want to wait, as he plays in NZ

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Couldn't get on before the match so I played my full strength side. Would have wanted to rest a few players before my league match but I'll just have to hope for the best on Friday. Good win though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
nibbs said:
awesome, looks like I'm facing the Boulevard Bombers. Roseyboy, can I suggest we go to battle at my ground. With it's 34,000 capacity, I'm confident it'll produce a decent crowd as far as friendlies are concerned.
No prob. My supporters must be tired of cricket now. All my friendlies have been at home this season so it'll be nice to play my last friendly away should things go as they should.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Confirmed matches in bold:

Whenuapai CC v Boulevard Bombers
AA for President! v Got Spin
Scaly Piscine CC v Kipper XI
College Dropouts v Victoria Panthers
Jamees 999ers v Citizens Erased
Vindscreen VIpers v Dalmeny Cricket Club
Magical Ponies v Dynamo Morpork
Asterix XI v Viveash
Crusaders v bobisback