• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Legends

adharcric

International Coach
Round of 32, Battle 5

We shall define a legend of cricket on the basis of the following criteria:

- An influential figure who made a significant impact on the way the game is played on the field.
- An influential figure who remained involved in and made significant contributions to the game off the field.
- A hero or an icon who served as an inspiration for others (cricketers as well as the general public) and will be remembered for years to come.
- Remember that a legend is defined not merely by cricket records but also by aura, impact and legacy.

Battle 5

Wasim Akram (left-arm fast bowler, one of only two bowlers to take 400 wickets in both forms of the game)

versus

Keith Miller (all-rounder, considered Australia's greatest all-rounder)

This battle will close after 12 hours (or earlier if it's a no contest IMO) with a lead of at least 5. Otherwise, it will close after 24 hours.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez, two of my all time favourite cricketers - don't want to see either of them eliminated. A bit like Nugget's previous round!

But I have to go Miller. With Hammond first, and now Akram, he's definitely doing it the hard way...

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm probably being biased, but I'll vote Akram. Greatest left arm pacer of all time. Immensely successful in both forms of the game. And just do a search on You Tube for some of his awesome deliveries, truly legendary.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Akram. One of the greatest left hand fast bowlers ever, if not the greatest, his legend is bound to grow in time.

FRAZ

International Captain
Well it's one of the easiest . For God sake give the guy a little respect by giving him a vote . I mean I hate sometimes when some "well known in the books only" people who were there in the history are given preference just because of being a name in the history . Keith was a legend of his time but Wasim Akram was a true champion of a bowler and for my liking he was the best left-arm fast bowler that the world ever produced and I'll play him on any pitch any day and at any time !!