• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

batting plans?

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
According to my former team-mates I had a batting plan which was "block 2 smash1". Personally, early in my career, I don't think I was ever in long enough for a plan.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was talking with former NSW Sheffield Shield winner and Aus A opening bowler Don Nash the other day who was of the view batting plans are a great idea which invariably last about three balls once you're actually out on the park.
He's pretty right. And at lower levels, most batsmen get sorted out by a bowler who can land three balls in the same area and make one move.

Of course, Don's theory works better at higher levels of the game if you can bowl fast enough to make the batsman **** themselves.

Jack1

International Debutant
He's pretty right. And at lower levels, most batsmen get sorted out by a bowler who can land three balls in the same area and make one move.

Of course, Don's theory works better at higher levels of the game if you can bowl fast enough to make the batsman **** themselves.
If you want Bat on Off Stump. Dead Bat everything on the stumps. Blast anything outside Off through the Offside. Anything missing Leg Stump will be a Free Hit.