• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baseball V Cricket?

A Better Sport?

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
I would honestly watch football, baseball or any other sport than watch two mediocre sides play a slow paced test match. I say that as a diehard cricket fan.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Being a diehard doesnt mean you follow every single random game that is out there.
I mean, thats basically one of the definitions of a diehard fan, is it not?

What I most like about following a sport is the conversations I can have about it with friends who also follow it. That's basically the only reason I'm not a huge baseball fan - I know noone else who is. When I have time to watch a game or even a YouTube video about its intricacies or history, I absolutely love it.
Agreed, this forum is a large reason why I still have as much interest in the game today as I do. Looking at the other sports I have the most interest in these days (Rugby League, Basketball, Motorsport), I have at least one friend (or multiple) who I can really have in depth discussions with about them.

Tennis for example was one I was much more into when younger, but then, both my sisters and my mother were also extremely into it. I don’t really have anything against many of the other major team sports specifically (except maybe Soccer - ew boring, and AFL - these Victorian kids afraid to have a proper go at it) but I’ve not met other fans and not really gotten into them.

Chrish

International Debutant
Times I have doubted my love for cricket is during those match-fixing episodes. I doubted if what I am seeing is real or staged (guy purposely throwing away his wicket, bowler bowling no ball on purpose etc.).

I would like to believe fixing out of test cricket was kept at minimum but we will never know. This uncertainty has made me uncomfortable at times..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. as much as I hate a lot of his arrogant ****, Ganguly was the one man who made me fall in love with Indian cricket again.

That said, I was still watching Windies and RSA as my favorite teams even during peak fixing era.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Obviously for me it's cricket.

However for me these are both quintessentially human sports. Something about our cavemen brain lights up by hurling rock hard projectiles and swinging at them with sticks.

For me, more than anything it's the sound of clean hits of the leather on wood that is orgasmic. For baseball it's more of a gunshot sound, and cricket has that cool knock echo, but they are both amazing.

I think cricket you do get that sound more often, so that is another point in its favor.

subshakerz

International Coach
Times I have doubted my love for cricket is during those match-fixing episodes. I doubted if what I am seeing is real or staged (guy purposely throwing away his wicket, bowler bowling no ball on purpose etc.).

I would like to believe fixing out of test cricket was kept at minimum but we will never know. This uncertainty has made me uncomfortable at times..
Yeah for Pakistan fans we pretty much accepted that many of the 90s guys were fixers and could tell when they were giving less effort.

Good example is the last over bowled by Wasim in this video.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Yeah for Pakistan fans we pretty much accepted that many of the 90s guys were fixers and could tell when they were giving less effort.

Good example is the last over bowled by Wasim in this video.
There's nothing extraordinary about Pakistan fielders making misfields, or no-balls in pressure situations. I think you do a great disservice to both sides of this match by throwing such an accusation without evidence.

subshakerz

International Coach
There's nothing extraordinary about Pakistan fielders making misfields, or no-balls in pressure situations. I think you do a great disservice to both sides of this match by throwing such an accusation without evidence.
This match was by flagged before by a former player. Wasim was the best death bowler in the world at the time and balls two full tosses and a no-ball, and smiles sheepishly half way in the over, not in the clip.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
This match was by flagged before by a former player. Wasim was the best death bowler in the world at the time and balls two full tosses and a no-ball, and smiles sheepishly half way in the over, not in the clip.
1 bad over and you an awful match fixer 4eva