• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baseball V Cricket?

A Better Sport?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Which is a better sport? In terms of watching, playing, etc etc etc... Post ur opinions & reasons?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Truthfully though, I would prefer baseball over cricket if I hadn't grown up with cricket. I love cricket, and I only semi-follow baseball, but purely as a sport, if I had to start from beginning, I'd probably prefer that. There are too many things I find annoying in the world of cricket, and it really takes away from the sport itself.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If they banned batters from walking outside of the batters box between every pitch in baseball then I would enjoy baseball more than I do.

archie mac

International Coach
Baseball is to cricket what checkers is to chess

Mr Getty

Just read an amsuing article by an Amercian baseball fan taking a look at cricket in 1896:happy: Too long to post here:unsure:

He states the bowling is so slow compared to pitching that the bowler could run down the wicket and fetch the ball before it reached the batsman if he wanted:laugh:

But at the end the cricket editor suggests he face up to the then fastest bowler Tom Richardson

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Baseball is to cricket what checkers is to chess

Mr Getty

Just read an amsuing article by an Amercian baseball fan taking a look at cricket in 1896:happy: Too long to post here:unsure:

He states the bowling is so slow compared to pitching that the bowler could run down the wicket and fetch the ball before it reached the batsman if he wanted:laugh:

But at the end the cricket editor suggests he face up to the then fastest bowler Tom Richardson
By the time the delivery gets to the batsman, it's certainly a lot slower than in baseball. However, the bastmen have to contend with a wider range of allowable areas, as well as the variations from the pitch. But they also get a bigger bat, and they don't have to hit every ball, or hit it within the V.

I've never played Tests or professional baseball, but getting bat on a fastball is insanely hard.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wait - they got a dude that plays for the American team vs. a national team? And an all rounder as well? Boo. Also no helmet? A ball to the face would automatically win.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain
just pull your head in ss its harder to break into a national team than a mlb team so this guy is obviously more talented than mark reynolds.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait - they got a dude that plays for the American team vs. a national team? And an all rounder as well? Boo. Also no helmet? A ball to the face would automatically win.
It was a pretty terrible video.

It actually is a lot easier to hit a cricket ball than a baseball. However that doesn't make the sport easier.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So they made the baseball batter face a part-timer who rolls his arm over with some gentle off-spin? :laugh:

Howsie

International Captain
Would have liked to have seen how he went against a decent bowler, can't imagine he'd last two minutes with that technique against even 125K type bowlers, let alone 145K.