• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Automatic Logout

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ack, I really don't like this system. :( We changed to it elsewhere and then changed back shortly after due to how it affects the User CP's index. I like having links to threads I've just replied to in my User CP as it's how I keep track of most things.

I think a better solution which would allow us to keep threads we've replied to in the list (I mean, they aren't bold anymore once you read them, so it's not like there's any confusion) would be to change the "New Posts" to "Today's Posts". At the other board I admin at, we actually have both links available in the Quick Links drop down menu.

It would also save a slight bit of stress on the database (although minor).

For reference, to change "New Posts" to "Today's Posts" you change this link:

http://forum.cricketweb.net/search.php?do=getnew

To this:

http://forum.cricketweb.net/search.php?do=getdaily

This means even if you log out in 15 minutes, you can still get a link to all the threads that have been posted in during the last 24 hours.

I do however agree that the logout time could be changed to 30 minutes instead of 15. It's very simple to do (just a field in the admin CP) and some of the threads around here are very long and if you have enough posts, it takes some time to read through - it would be helpful if you didn't get logged out every single time you spend 15 minutes reading a page.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seems to have gone into overdrive for me - threads which haven't been posted in for 2 weeks and more have come-up as "new posts".

James

Cricket Web Owner
Richard said:
Seems to have gone into overdrive for me - threads which haven't been posted in for 2 weeks and more have come-up as "new posts".
Read the annoucement Richard, it details how to reset it all.