• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite right too.

One good thing about the Bailey/ Doolan selection conundrum is at least no one is talking about Khawaja. FMD if he gets a game this series I'll be filthy. Learn to drive, ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Quite right too.

One good thing about the Bailey/ Doolan selection conundrum is at least no one is talking about Khawaja. FMD if he gets a game this series I'll be filthy. Learn to drive, ****.
Yeah and Hughes too.

Time for a NUFACT

1 Australian squad member has scored twin 50's in a Test match in 2013 - Peter Siddle.

benchmark00

Yep. No one else from the squad has managed 50 or above in both innings of a Test match in 2013. Moises Henriques on debut did but he isn't in the squad obvs.
Remember when Phil Hughes did it against the best bowling attack in the world?

Burgey

Can genuinely say my 11 year old has a better technique on the drive than Usman Khawaja.

Burgey

**** makes 30 on debut and blokes blow loads over him. ****s me, that. Why Australian cricket is ****.

Probably also why he thought he didn't have to do his home work.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
Stat of the Day (for tomorrow)

Nathan Lyon and Graeme Swann have virtually identical economy rates in the 4th innings of a Test match (2.71 v 2.74), but that's where the 5th day similarities end...

Graeme Swann has bowled 16 times in the 4th innings of a Test match. In those 16 innings he has taken 40 wickets (2.5 w/i) at 27.52 (overall ave 28.55). His economy rate is 2.74 (v 2.93 overall) and strike rate is 60.2 (v 58.4 overall).

Nathan Lyon has bowled 13 times in the 4th innings of a Test match. In those 13 innings he has taken 16 wickets (1.2 w/i) at 34.25 (overall ave 33.23). His economy rate is 2.71 (v 3.05 overall) and strike rate is 75.6 (v 65.2 overall)

In terms of w/i in the 4th innings of a test Swann ranks up with the very best. Of the 48 spinners in test history who have taken more than 15 wickets in the 4th innings of tests only Warne (2.6), Murali (3.0), Kumble (2.7), Bedi (2.6), Trumble (2.9), Tayfield (3.6), Mailey (3.4), Grimmett (3.7), Peel (4.2), O'Reilly (2.7), and Rehman (3.4) have taken more wickets per innings than Swann.
how many overs have the ****s each bowled in the 4th innings

Spikey

Can genuinely say my 11 year old has a better technique on the drive than Usman Khawaja.
I think you'll find, because Usman has historically been considered a poor limited overs player, that Khawaja's technique is perfect for test match cricket

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
how many overs have the ****s each bowled in the 4th innings
Get a calculator. Multiply the strike rate and the wickets he has given for each bowler. And divide it by 6. You get the answer.

Edit: Just saw Adub's post. Simple. See his post then.

Last edited: