• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australians get off easy??

villaturk

Cricket Spectator
Australias solution,if McGrath cant play,call up Mike Hussey,thats what you call a quality batsman

King_Ponting

International Regular
villaturk said:
Australias solution,if McGrath cant play,call up Mike Hussey,thats what you call a quality batsman
Because u really need to make up for the loss of mcgrath as a batsman 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
Vaughn would end up doing that if EVERY decision had gone against his team as well, as was the case for Ponting at that point.
Your whinging is pathetic and shows you to have the IQ equivalent to something I've just scraped off the bottom of my shoe.

marc71178 said:
Your whinging is pathetic and shows you to have the IQ equivalent to something I've just scraped off the bottom of my shoe.
I wouldn't whinge unless there was just cause and I had an extremely strong case. Which, based on facts, I do.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shane Warne said:
I wouldn't whinge unless there was just cause and I had an extremely strong case. Which, based on facts, I do.
Facts which ignore half the argument (ie when Australia get calls in their favour)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
Not never. Just rarely so far this series.
The trouble with adopting a blinkered approach to life is that every decision that goes in one direction is a good decision, and every one that goes in the opposite direction is a bad one.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
villaturk said:
Kallis,Lara,Inzamam,Dravid and Tendulkar would all get into the Aussie batting line up.Its so much easier scoring runs when you have skittled the opposition for 150.Those 5 batters ,and a few others have to do it when the pressure is on and have 3 or 4 top quality Aussie bowlers going at them time and time again,just like when the windies had 4 quickies in the 80s.
Ponting,the best batter in the world,christ,dont make me laugh.What should worry the aussies aint the one over Freddie destroyed him with that over but in the 1st inns,he should of been run out trying a suisidal run ,he looks scared out there.Hayden is just a flat track bully whose feet dont move and Martyn nothing special.Langer and Clarke look good but Gilchrist has saved them so many times but when you play like him anything can happen.Please Glenn McGrath go home and put your feet up.
You are talking about 5 players from 4 countries. What team wouldnt they get in?

Its just as easy to say that Ponting, etc would make into any team, etc

As Ive said many times, the Aussie batmen havent played the English bowlers with any respect. They seem intent on playing shots to every delivery rather than waiting for the loose delivery and/or playing to their strengths. Should this current approach continue, England will remain competitive.

Martyn nothing special? Not on this tour perhaps but he has been as good as any player in the world for the last 12-18 months.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shounak said:
Simon Jones got fined for pointing Hayden towards the pavillion, but what about all of the other fines that should've been handed out.

Anytime Shane Warne gets turned down by Aleem Dar in particular, his reactions can be unequivocally classified as dissent, not dissappointment. He reacted particularly bad to one of them in particular.

But let's rewind a few matches back, I think it was against NZ at the GABBA. Where Warne started screaming "look at the board" to Aleem Dar, when he called a delivery of his a wide because of his negative line.

Then you've got Ricky Ponting. He goes over and has a heated chat to the umpire, everytime a decision is turned down. He's not going over there in a friendly manner. There's usually raised voices, glaring and finger pointing. It's looking pretty similar to when a soccer (football) player is given a red card.

This sort of behaviour is simply not good enough on a cricket field and it should be punished accordingly.
Doesnt look good but given that he hasnt been reported and the match referee hasnt taken any action, appearances may not reflect the situation.

Personally, whilst I think it's a more intelligent approach, I find Vaughan's habit of "cosying up" to the umpires at every opportunity more distasteful.

Interesting to see that the smiles and back slaps went straight out the window in the pressure of yesterday.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
once again this is about umpires decisions, they have been made now let them be.

though as a general rule i think that most players from most coutries get off to lightly when it comes to things like this.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Warne's behaviour reminds me of when I was a kid. My mum had taken a lollipop from me - and I was not happy about it.

Shounak

Banned
social said:
Interesting to see that the smiles and back slaps went straight out the window in the pressure of yesterday.
I assume you're talking about between the players. I was rather amazed that no one went up to Brett Lee to see if he was ok when he got hit on the glove. Even Kasper seemed to take his time.

But to be fair, there hasn't really been any sort of talk going on, good or bad. Warne's occasional banter aside. Well there was the extremely mild "interaction" between Clarkey and Freddy, but if that's going to be the furthest extent of words on field, then no one has anything to worry about.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
villaturk said:
Kallis,Lara,Inzamam,Dravid and Tendulkar would all get into the Aussie batting line up.Its so much easier scoring runs when you have skittled the opposition for 150.Those 5 batters ,and a few others have to do it when the pressure is on and have 3 or 4 top quality Aussie bowlers going at them time and time again,just like when the windies had 4 quickies in the 80s.
Ponting,the best batter in the world,christ,dont make me laugh.What should worry the aussies aint the one over Freddie destroyed him with that over but in the 1st inns,he should of been run out trying a suisidal run ,he looks scared out there.Hayden is just a flat track bully whose feet dont move and Martyn nothing special.Langer and Clarke look good but Gilchrist has saved them so many times but when you play like him anything can happen.Please Glenn McGrath go home and put your feet up.
Martyn nothing special? Did you see any cricket last year at all? Hayden a flat track bully? Care to explain how he averaged 57 on the Gabba in first class cricket then? Clarke, if anything, looks the most fragile out of anyone in the Australian team in test cricket excluding Hayden, unless of course you make your entire judgement based on the last two tests as you obviously are.

The fact of the matter is, that players like Ponting, Gilchrist and Martyn will likely rebound later in the series and make runs, just like the former two did in the ODIs. You don't go through long careers averaging 50+ if you wilt under a bit of pressure and go through a 5 test series without doing anything. The thing I would be concerned about as an England fan is what England will do when this happens. Guys like Vaughan and Bell are going to have to stand up and make runs or England are going to struggle to stay with Australia. That's the test where the series will be won and lost, imo, because eventually it will happen that Australia will get on top of England's bowling and make a big total, and it's really extremely difficult to make a large total in response when you're facing McGrath and Warne.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
"Australians get off easily??"

We all know Warne does.

Badoomtish. Thank you thank you I'm here all week try the baked beans.