• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are we talking about Dan Hughes in the context of selection? He'd be even further back than Travis Dean

howardj

International Coach
Geez, Marcus Harris is putting up a compelling case for the Test team

Most Shield runs from 2016/17 season to present day

1951 @ 47.58, 5 x 100

Only 26 years old, and the youngest Australian to score a First-Class 150

howardj

International Coach
And could the Hard Man of Australian cricket make a stunning return?

Matt Wade this Summer in Shield 412 @ 82.4, 1 x 100

Test centurion too

But would he fall foul of the "good bloke" criterion for selection?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Test squad named

Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Chris Tremain.

TheJediBrah

Test squad named

Aaron Finch, Marcus Harris, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Chris Tremain.
Harris yes! Great call. Renshaw keeps losing form at vital times.

I'm guessing Handscomb & Tremain to miss out. If Handscomb plays instead of Head though I'll be ecstatic.

Big call would be to leave Starc out for Tremain, which would probably be the right decision, but will never happen.

Burgey

Harris yes! Great call. Renshaw keeps losing form at vital times.

I'm guessing Handscomb & Tremain to miss out. If Handscomb plays instead of Head though I'll be ecstatic.

Big call would be to leave Starc out for Tremain, which would probably be the right decision, but will never happen.
Four Victorians in a test side assured defeat, Mark my words. It’s bad enough if both Finch and Harris play, let alone the others.

Sorry, but Handscomb ain’t up to it. If he fills his boots at home against India he will just be the third Marsh - assuring selection for away tours where he will get obliterated.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It's funny how they give Maxy a go overseas, yet keep him out of the Test team at home. Clearly he'd be much more in his element here.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcus Harris, Aaron Finch, Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne playing test cricket for Australia in the same year

Australian cricket is over.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Firstly, why is Siddle still in the squad?

Secondly, to Langer, Renshaw might have made more runs if you hadn't dumped him out of the team after an incident where he shouldn't have been fielding where he was but was to protect one of your/Hohns' apparent favourites, dip.