• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Test Selection 2016/2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think they've said that they will look at calling up a pace bowler after the first two tests - not the worst call, gives a bit of red ball cricket to select from too.

Cartwright's selection smells a bit of Quiney getting picked to protect Hughes from the Saffers.
Not sure anyone really needed to be protected from a touring Pakistan

edit: didn't read your next post

uvelocity

International Coach
The Indian guy you know is a moron tbh. The last test will be played in the mountains at Dharmshala where the weather currently, at 10:36 AM is 2 degrees Celcius. Its expected to top out at 18 degrees Celcius when the game begins on March 25. Not exactly temperatures that let you prepare turners. Might even assist the fast bowers but will probably be a dead pitch.
sounds ****, tbh

Compton

International Debutant
Press have picked up on this wrong. He's actually there to teach Wade-y about pissing in public #intent

micz

Cricket Spectator
Mitch Marsh's batting will also be a concern in India. Does Australia have any all rounders that can bowl pace and not bat with hard hands? I wasn't too convinced with Cartwright in Sydney but I won't make any early judgements.

Burgey

Mitch Marsh's batting will also be a concern in India. Does Australia have any all rounders that can bowl pace and not bat with hard hands? I wasn't too convinced with Cartwright in Sydney but I won't make any early judgements.
Good question, but I can't actually think of a pace bowling all rounder from anywhere who's batted with soft hands in the time I've been watching cricket.

micz

Cricket Spectator
I doubt there will be too many in the future in the game of cricket. The evolution of the 'allrounder' has changed; pace bowlers will naturally be genuine ball strikers and gradually improve their batting craft. Eg. Mitchell Starc and etc. Unless we find a once in a generation cricketer like a Kallis.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Really looking forward to the india vs aus series, from what i remember of india's last tour to australia these 2 sides massively hate eachother and the indians will be looking to rub smith, warner and co's faces in the dust as the produce rank turners on their was to another home series win to nothing

TheJediBrah

Good question, but I can't actually think of a pace bowling all rounder from anywhere who's batted with soft hands in the time I've been watching cricket.
Kallis. Also Symonds played with beautifully soft hands in the latter part of his career (if you still call him a pace bowler).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha this is such a good point. I'll offer up Andrew Hall, but I can't think of anyone else, and that's pretty scary.