• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open Predicitions Thread 2006

Blaze

Banned
Roger Federer (SUI) [1]
Tommy Haas (GER)
Dominik Hrbaty (SLK) [12]
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) [5]
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) [15]
Paul Henri Mathieu (FRA)
Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)

Waughney

International Debutant
Didn't have internet access till now. Can I still predict for the non-played matches so far?

My picks from the 3 non-played matches:

Roger Federer (SUI) [1]
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) [5]
Nicolas Kiefer (GER) [21]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overall Scores
Burkey 140
Simon 138
Archie 138
Pratyush 131
Brumby 130
Jono 129
Blaze 128
Cloete 127
Waughney 126
Gideon 126
Hakon 117
Jack 101
Buddhmaster 89
Jamee 83

Day 7 matches - worth 8 points each
Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) vs Andy Roddick (USA)[2]
Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)[7] vs Thomas Johansson (SWE)[10]
Tommy Robredo (ESP)[16] vs David Nalbandian (ARG)[4]
Fabrice Santoro (FRA) vs David Ferrer (ESP)[11]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simon's day 7 tips
Andy Roddick (USA)[2]
Thomas Johansson (SWE)[10]
David Nalbandian (ARG)[4]
David Ferrer (ESP)[11]

Cloete

International Captain
Andy Roddick (USA)[2]
Thomas Johansson (SWE)[10]
Tommy Robredo (ESP)[16]
Fabrice Santoro (FRA)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I like the way the tournament has always been and that included not having put pick ladies matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I like the way the tournament has always been and that included not having put pick ladies matches.
So you like that someone can pick consistently till the final then finish in the middle because they've had to change their pick knowing what the other people have picked?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So you like that someone can pick consistently till the final then finish in the middle because they've had to change their pick knowing what the other people have picked?
Come on, Marc.

You know you cannot reason with a conservative.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
They would be likely to do that any way and pick a less likely player to win the final even with closed votes via e-mail. The leaders of each round gain advantage in the subsequent rounds in the current point system. Your issue would be with the points system if you have the problem which you have stated.

Till I see further protests in this regard I will assume other people are happy with the way the tournament is.