• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off-Season Thread (2010)

brockley

International Captain
Cullen would probably be in front of him,but if you we're cullen would you hang round in sa,bit like beau casson.
There are opportunities in the west unless wa use north or voges all the time.

brockley

International Captain
Actually if mcgain retires vics may look for a spinner,not sure how confident they are in jon holland,altho michael beer had a good season.

brockley

International Captain
Micky arthur declared there will be a shakeup at the waca.
WA doing a review on north and voges,gather this looking at captaincy.
Wouldn't be urprised if beau casson returns to the waca.
Dunno who in other states would be willing to move wet.
In the end the wa side looked like a grade side at the end of the year,and playing no better.

brockley

International Captain
tom cooper and kiwi derek deboarder named in dutch squad for upcoming games,will be good to see coop at the world cup.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well there's your first problem! :ph34r:
He doesn't really turn the ball, bowls pretty flat. He is reasonable but hardly outstanding.
I'd imagine he'd end up in a similar situation to Tom Thornton last season where he played SA grade cricket but still played Comets

brockley

International Captain
the emerging tournament starts august 6 and goes for 2 weeks..
Gather they will announce the 25 contracts tomrrow,holding out for any surprises,hopefully khawajah will be there.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He doesn't really turn the ball, bowls pretty flat. He is reasonable but hardly outstanding.
I'd imagine he'd end up in a similar situation to Tom Thornton last season where he played SA grade cricket but still played Comets
Hopefully does a little better than Shaw who moved to Melbourne.

brockley

International Captain
This would be my 25 contracts named today.
s katich,p hughes,s watson,ponting,m clarke,m hussey,m north,s smith,b haddin,n haurtiz,c mckay,m johnson,r harris,d bollinger,p siddle,b hilfenhaus, marsh,c white,j hope,b lee,c fergurson,a voges,u khawajah,p george,n brakken.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully does a little better than Shaw who moved to Melbourne.
I'd suggest Mick Shaw is/was probably a bit more talented than Lyon. At least with Lyon though he is pretty experienced and isnt moving interstate when hes in his late teens like a lot of guys have done.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This would be my 25 contracts named today.
s katich,p hughes,s watson,ponting,m clarke,m hussey,m north,s smith,b haddin,n haurtiz,c mckay,m johnson,r harris,d bollinger,p siddle,b hilfenhaus, marsh,c white,j hope,b lee,c fergurson,a voges,u khawajah,p george,n brakken.
I'd drop Bracken and put in Jaques. Also with Ferguson injured I'm not sure he should be picking up a contract.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah that 25 does look close.

Tim Paine might find himself with a contract, I would be pretty happy for Michael Klinger if he got one too.

Last edited:

andyc

Doug Bollinger, NSW, 28
Michael Clarke, NSW, 29
Callum Ferguson, SA, 25
Brad Haddin, NSW, 32
Ryan Harris, QLD, 30
Nathan Hauritz, NSW, 28
Ben Hilfenhaus, TAS, 27
James Hopes, QLD, 31
Phillip Hughes, NSW, 21
Michael Hussey, WA, 34
Mitchell Johnson, WA, 28
Simon Katich, NSW, 34
Brett Lee, NSW, 33
Shaun Marsh, WA, 26
Andrew McDonald, VIC, 28
Clint McKay , VIC, 27
Marcus North, WA, 30
Tim Paine, TAS, 25
Ricky Ponting, TAS, 35
Peter Siddle, VIC, 25
Steven Smith, NSW, 20
Shaun Tait, SA, 27
Adam Voges, WA, 30
Shane Watson, NSW, 28
Cameron White, VIC, 26

Added to the 25-player contracted list for 2010-11 are Ryan Harris, Clint McKay, Tim Paine, Steven Smith and Adam Voges (All of these players finished the 2009-10 period as CA contracted players after receiving sufficient upgrade points during that period).

Departing the list is Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Brad Hodge, David Hussey and Graham Manou who did not have their contracts renewed for 2010-11.

Cricket Australia > Latest News > News

brockley

International Captain
If i was NSW i wouldn't hand brakken a contract we have a lot of talented bowlers.he will only play one dayers and 20/20,and as it i he breaks down once or twice a season,he will be looking for a big contract now he has lost his cricket australia contract.
Call it the damien fleming or the colin miller cut,both we're cut by victoria,despite beggars of belief.

howardj

International Coach
Under the CA/ACA Memorandum of Understanding, players ranked in the top six in both the Test and limited overs rankings receive fixed contracts. These players receive a retainer only, with no match fee payable per match.

The five players on fixed contracts in 2010-11 will receive an average retainer of $1.5 million.

I guess the five players would be: Ponting, Clarke, Mussey, Haddin and Johnson.

EDIT Watson in for Mussey

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Under the CA/ACA Memorandum of Understanding, players ranked in the top six in both the Test and limited overs rankings receive fixed contracts. These players receive a retainer only, with no match fee payable per match.

The five players on fixed contracts in 2010-11 will receive an average retainer of $1.5 million.

I guess the five players would be: Ponting, Clarke, Mussey, Haddin and Johnson.
I read that it was Watson, not MHussey/Haddin...

BTW how bad is Ferguson's injury? I'm a little surprised to see him get a contract, would've picked Khawaja myself. Probably in a better position to tell though...

stephen

The best thing about this list is the average age of 28, which I think is right. Ponting is the oldest player and there is only nine contracted players over the age of 30. I think this is very healthy for Australian cricket.

I do think though that Jaques has been treated extremely poorly.