• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
CA said state contracts 15-20,but with the excess players states like NSW and Tassie will have to pay top dollar to keep their players,despite the state list going up 2 15-20 states will end up with something like 14 contracts.
NSW have to keep Hughss,Khawajah,Smith,Hauritz,Lee and Bollinger,& they will want top dollar after being on ca contracts & so will Tas Bailey,Kregja,Cowan.
Seems the talent will be spread throughout the states because these players want top notch deals.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does anyone buy this

(Inverarity on Johnson):

"We know how well he can bowl. That Test match against England in Perth when he got his action just right. It is in there somewhere"

Would seem a pretty big coincidence to me that Johnson's best performance against England just happened to be at the WACA where he easily has had the most success in the past.
Trouble that I see is I don't think Mitchell knows how he did it himself. He's like a bowling savant; can do awesome things beyond the reach of most players, but doesn't appear to have the resources to step back and analyse just how he did what he did.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
NSW have to keep Hughss,Khawajah,Smith,Hauritz,Lee and Bollinger,& they will want top dollar after being on ca contracts & so will Tas Bailey,Kregja,Cowan.
Thought Khawaja and Hauritz were headed north.

One question I have about the contract system is.. if say, Cowan, is upgraded to a CA contract, would Tas still have to pay him?

brockley

International Captain
Yeh cowan would get a state contract,as he would only qualify for a bottom CA contract.
Its hard seeing NSW contracting Brett Lee he only plays one dayers,& he only played 1 one dayer last year, i guess Brett Lee would want a top notch contract.
Khawjah and Hauritz QLD,i guess Forrest will want a top notch contract after missing out on a CA contract,guess Queensland will have to do some cutting to buy these 2 players,maybe no Reardon,Swann & Feldman.

brockley

International Captain
I expected Brett Lee to hit out at the selectors,the others well they are fringe players,altho Clinton Mckay is unlucky.

brockley

International Captain
Well
1 he is the lead one day bowler,his figures are better than Xavier Doherty.
2 well he is now unemployed,lucky to get a NSW contract,likely NSW will offer him pittance.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah but he's 35. lee's smart enough to know he wasn't getting a CA contrac. now what happens with NSW...there might already be some tension there following the whole "No I won't prove my fitness by bowling in a trial U19 match" thing

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lee didn't want to do that ad but super dom pushed him into it #hailthegreatman

brockley

International Captain
Brett lee missed 2 one dayers when he refused 2 play that match,other games he missed due to injury.
Vics have to fit Cameron White,John Hastings and Clinton Mckay under the salary cap,no wonder whiy Rogers on the outer,hope Carters gets a contract.
Setback and bonus for Renegades
No Gilchrist,maybe no Afridi.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well
1 he is the lead one day bowler,his figures are better than Xavier Doherty.
2 well he is now unemployed,lucky to get a NSW contract,likely NSW will offer him pittance.
He just received match payments for playing against Ireland the other day. Barring injury, he is very likely to get the 12 points needed to receive a CA contract. Plus he will get a good contract in the Big Bash and most likely a contract next IPL season.

I wouldn't consider him unemployed.

brockley

International Captain
ok,just hope NSW don't offer him a contract.
Chris Tremain is training with the NSW squad.
Chris swann retires at age 33,congrats on a good career,some thought he should have been in the oz squad.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Brett Lee, the man with a IPL contract worth hundreds of thousands of dollars; the man with a Big Bash League contract worth more than almost any other domestic player; the man getting match payments from CA for every ODI he plays, plus an upgrade after he plays 6 in the contract period; the man with who-knows-how-much worth in product endorsements.

No way he can classify himself unemployed, and knowing Binga's character he's hardly be complaining about guys like Cummins and Pattinson getting contracts ahead of him.

WAG :wub: