• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season

Who will win the Pura Cup?

• Queensland Bulls

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Speedblitz Blues

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Victorian Bushrangers

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • South Australian Redbacks

• Western Wariors

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Pillon is to move anywhere he should move to Victoria. Berry should give it away in the next couple of years, if not after this year, he will retire well before Secombe. If Secombe can keep his glovework up to the standard of the best keeper in Australia, and can continue to improve his batting like he did last season, I can't see any reason for him to retire.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally id choose Qld over Victoria. from my point of view qld is a better place to play cricket. They seem to look after their players better, not to mention the australian chairman of selectors being fromw qld to put in a good word ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Pilon is a good player, hes older than people think thtough, 27 i think, if i were him i would sorta demmand to pley for NSW more often or move states, probably to QLD, better players to play with and Seccombe, probably the best gloveman in the country to learn from, and not as long to wait for a more permanant chance to play first class cricket

Craig

World Traveller
gibbsnsmith said:
Im still rooting for Tasmania but :(

NSW should win...

p.s. I trust CW will cover all of the Competions
It should.

Anyway, I'm told Sydney Grade Cricket (1st Grade) is as tough as County Cricket.

But I'm not too sure.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
It should.

Anyway, I'm told Sydney Grade Cricket (1st Grade) is as tough as County Cricket.

But I'm not too sure.
well you have players like Collingwood, White and Viv Richards son who play regularly. It is very competetive. There's alot more good players playing but i can't be bothered checking:P

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah Mali Richards did well.

Actually White was in Adelaide and Collingwood was in Melbourne.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sydney grade has also had ahktar, Tuffey, Adams and a few others playing last season at various points i beleive, and a few other kiwi's too

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mali Richards did well yet cannot get a game over here in County Cricket...

I'll leave you all to make your own conclusions from that.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Yes he is, so how come he can't get a game then yet is doing very well over there!
This may sound silly, but the question was rhetotrical?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, Marc was merely, correctly, making the point that to even suggest that English county competitions and NSW grade cricket are on par is ludicrous. I played there when the comp was very strong. Guys like Steve Small were still around as well as Dean Waugh, Nathan Bracken, Shane Lee, Richard Chee Quee, etc. and you could count on the fact that in ever team you played against, at least two players had played some form of rep cricket (whether it be for NSW seniors or age-level national and international teams) as well as a few visiting players and even taking that into account, I have little doubt that English county comps would be far superior in standard. The intensity of high-level cricket just wasn't there, even if it was certainly intense enough (getting bounced 5 times in an over by Phil Alley for daring to go into bat without a helmet can sure wake you up if you're feeling a bit out of it)!

Craig

World Traveller
I have never been to Sydney so I cant comment on Sydney Grade cricket.

I just mentioned something I had been told.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
getting bounced 5 times in an over by Phil Alley for daring to go into bat without a helmet can sure wake you up if you're feeling a bit out of it!
certainly not something i would do :)