• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Cool Howie

Cricket Spectator
What a dopey last day! Whiteman played a snoozefest of an innings and you couldn't even see whether someone was LBW because the GD camera was behind the umpire's melon.

I called it with Tremain though. Still a superb Shield player.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't Lenton pop up breifly in this BBL just gone?

Could have sworn I remember him turning out for one of the Covid riddled teams at one point

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how much creditibility that list has if Avendano has comfortably the best average.

Still can't be worse than Edwards I guess, lol

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going forward for NSW, this I think is probably the best realistic lineup:

1. Hughes
2. Solway
3. Patterson
4. Henriques
5. J Sangha
6. Kerr
7. Holt
8. Abbott
9. Tremain
10. Copeland / T Sangha
11. Lyon / T Sangha / Hatcher

Think another keeper (Gotch?) probably should be signed, don't think Holt's up to it yet and Nevill seems done to me.

Not sure who'd be the main reserves. Hearne and Hackney with the bat, maybe? Could Edwards be developed as an all-rounder? Probably Conway with the ball as a reserve, but I don't know who the best 3rd spinner would be, especially late in the season when both Lyon and Sangha could be away.

Dunno how old Rodgie is but his FG stats have been utterly bonkers this season too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Despite his wickets this season I don't think his bowling would really be a factor in Shield cricket either. He's always been seriously rated as a bat though; unlucky to never get a crack at Futures level at least.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Going forward for NSW, this I think is probably the best realistic lineup:

1. Hughes
2. Solway
3. Patterson
4. Henriques
5. J Sangha
6. Kerr
7. Holt
8. Abbott
9. Tremain
10. Copeland / T Sangha
11. Lyon / T Sangha / Hatcher

Think another keeper (Gotch?) probably should be signed, don't think Holt's up to it yet and Nevill seems done to me.

Not sure who'd be the main reserves. Hearne and Hackney with the bat, maybe? Could Edwards be developed as an all-rounder? Probably Conway with the ball as a reserve, but I don't know who the best 3rd spinner would be, especially late in the season when both Lyon and Sangha could be away.

Dunno how old Rodgie is but his FG stats have been utterly bonkers this season too.
hackers hackney must be there and thereabouts, he is still really young and full of potential tbh