• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Jake Doran getting some real consistency in his game these days. He should have stayed in NSW. They'd have picked him and stuck with him through 4 years of abject spuddery for sure

TheJediBrah

I think he did try to catch it but was so surprised that he snatched at it and ended palming it forward.
Nah he was absolutely trying to parry it to the keeper to catch the batsman out of his crease, it's something you practice to do. All happened to quickly he probably didn't think it could be a catch until after he'd done it

Spikey

Abbott batting ahead of Nevill is a bit controversial. I don't hate it.
bit odd as I think nevill batted ahead of abbott in the prac match

obviously the actual problem for NSW today was Patterson not cashing in on another start. I can't be bothered doing the research, but I wouldn't be shocked if Patterson is currently failing (<20) as often as he was a few seasons ago, but he was already a poor conversion player and it feels like he's getting worse and worse at pushing on from a start

Spark

Global Moderator
Think we're going to have to accept that Patterson has regressed to FC journeyman status tbh.

TheJediBrah

Tassie opening with a spinner. Been a great round of Shield so far, so much better than first few games on the roady-roads. Interesting pitches make for much better cricket.

Burgey

Massive win for England with Harris making runs. The man had a quantifiable negative impact on the last ashes series. Why isn’t he the one who gets concussed all the time ffs?

TheJediBrah

If the Aus T20 team gets stranded in Dubai and the whole of Australia outside Vic/NSW gets overrun by Covid then we could still win the Ashes with just fielding the Vic Shield team tbh

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fmd, how awful is this rubbish NSW unit to let a couple of spuds like Harris and Handscomb score more than 3 runs each?