• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the topic of Camerons and suspect actions, anyone else think that Gannon has looked a lot better this year so far. Possibly even legal?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I didn't really care about the Shield Foxtel announcement because I was happy casting it from the CA site anyway, but today I have discovered it means I get to watch it at my favourite pub.

Of course my boi Tom Andrews was batting when I showed up too. Brilliant.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On the other hand, I may have to watch Paine make a Shield ton, putting another knife into the heart of one of my favourite stat memes over the years.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just impressive how confident he looks at the crease, doesn't look like a 21-year-old who was batting 8 this time last year.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
While I understand the logic of picking the side first and then the captain, surely there is a case to be made that every player goes through bad patches and kicking out a captain just because they are not in form does not seem too bright?

I mean, didn't they carry Taylor around forever when he was out of form as captain? Its such over-romanticizing of simple concepts that can actually cause more harm to the side.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Overs/under on Green getting a baggy green this summer? Surely can't be too far off.
Ide says the selectors will throw him in as soon as he's bowling fluently again, purely as a batsman mad dog deserves a go before him but I don't know if the selectors will be able to say no if he's bowling.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm also backing the "Renshaw in the middle order" train. Never fully bought him as an opener, technique-wise, even though he did a decent job.
Yeah great temperament for an opener but his technique was a bit ehhh for it. I used to worry about his ability to rotate the strike against a softer ball when first coming in if he dropped down but he handled that really well in the BBL.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ide says the selectors will throw him in as soon as he's bowling fluently again, purely as a batsman mad dog deserves a go before him but I don't know if the selectors will be able to say no if he's bowling.
Yeah once he's bowling he's playing. As a pure bat there should be others still ahead of him but we're talking about someone for who that's a debate, who is 21 years old and good enough to play Shield as a bowler when fit.

Chubb

International Regular
OK obvious question are Cameron and Chris Green related? Have to be honest when I signed Cam Green as my overseas pro on ICC20 I thought I was getting Chris at first and they'd just got his bowling style wrong.