• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats also to much younger former Australian opener Matthew Renshaw on his breathtaking 19 in the same match.

Burgey

Why is he suddenly "James Pierson"? Is he up himself or what? Imagine in the 90s the graphic saying "James Maher."

Ordinary.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Queensland Captain and owner of a grand total of zero (0) top grade centuries James Peirson on scoring a well-earned 50. Good job.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Agar?

If you are actually referring to Turner, then I am not so sure. Looks to me like it would have clipped leg, but it certainly was pretty marginal

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agar?

If you are actually referring to Turner, then I am not so sure. Looks to me like it would have clipped leg, but it certainly was pretty marginal
Yeah sorry, brain fart. I get the two mixed up in my head all the time.

Ball was crashing into leg stump.

Burgey

Gabba to Bensons Lane is a slight downgrade
Arguably not. And Bensons Lane is the arse hole of Sydney cricket. Deadset the worst place to play. Hot, humid, feral locals, the smell of cow **** from surrounding paddocks and flies big enough to carry you away.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha Marnus won player of the tournament again!! This time joint with Khawaja.

Someone on here predicted it didnt they?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
CA team of the year seems very top heavy, don't like shoehorning guys into positions they didn't bat in but then again most of the blokes making runs were openers. No spinner I don't mind as none really stood out all tournament

SA squad has been released:

South Australia’s 12-player squad
Alex Carey (c)
Wes Agar
Tom Cooper
Callum Ferguson
Henry Hunt
Joe Mennie
Harry Nielsen
Chadd Sayers
Liam Scott
Jake Weatherald
Nick Winter
Adam Zampa

In: Scott, Carey, Zampa
Out: Jake Lehmann, Tom Andrews, Luke Robins (omitted)

The big news is that teenage allrounder Liam Scott has got a call up to the side, I like that move a fair bit honestly, opens the batting for Glenelg but will probably slot in at around 6 I would assume. Tall right hander, got a fairly uncomplicated technique, from what I have seen he already looks like a decent timer of the ball. Bowls seam up, no great pace but gets decent bounce to his bowling. Touch surprised he gets the nod this early, especially with the U19 National Carnival coming up where he was pencilled in to captain the side, but he is easily one of the most exciting young talents in South Australia*. Other news is Lehmann finds himself omitted completely, not too surprising on recent form, and that Zampa gets his 426,834,559th recall to the Shield side. Hopefully being the WACA he will carry drinks though, all I can really see Zampa doing there is leaking runs

*Yeahh I know he was originally from NSW. Shhhhhhh