• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would protest about gannon and his action, but the qld government might put me in gaol

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The "Maddinson pushes into test frame..." headline really annoys me on the CA website. When there have been two centuries and only one wicket to fall on day one I think it's safe to assume that the pitch is an absolute road.

By the same logic, if QLD want their batsmen to push back into the national side then they need to prepare Gabba roads instead of green tops. It's absurd.

TheJediBrah

The "Maddinson pushes into test frame..." headline really annoys me on the CA website. When there have been two centuries and only one wicket to fall on day one I think it's safe to assume that the pitch is an absolute road.

By the same logic, if QLD want their batsmen to push back into the national side then they need to prepare Gabba roads instead of green tops. It's absurd.
ffs it's been one day of the Shield and you're already making **** up to whinge about Queenslanders' Test selection

stephen

ffs it's been one day of the Shield and you're already making **** up to whinge about Queenslanders' Test selection
Nah, just complaining that a player is being talked up after an innings on a road against a weak attack.

The conditions in the QLD vs NSW game are much more challenging for batsmen than the Victorian runs fest.

Burgey

Hasn't Maddinson made like three tons in his past five Shield matches or something?

stephen

Yep and he didn't bat at all in one, so effectively three tons in his last four games.
That's impressive.

Still, his last run in the test side should give the selectors pause before picking him. Though if he does get picked this time it'll be on the basis of form rather than the whim of Smith.

Still, I maintain that players should not be hyped up in the basis of large scores on roads against pop gun attacks.

David Warner is currently playing an innings that's far more important to the match in Brisbane than Maddinson's double.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's impressive.

Still, his last run in the test side should give the selectors pause before picking him. Though if he does get picked this time it'll be on the basis of form rather than the whim of Smith.

Still, I maintain that players should not be hyped up in the basis of large scores on roads against pop gun attacks.

David Warner is currently playing an innings that's far more important to the match in Brisbane than Maddinson's double.
All three tons have been on Victorian highways too haha.

stephen

All three tons have been on Victorian highways too haha.
Yep I noted that too. 2x Junction, 1x MCG.

Still, he probably isn't too far out of the frame. Just needs a score on a pitch that offers something for the bowlers.

The problem is that all the Victorian batsmen we've picked recently have been awful at the top level - Handscomb, Harris, Finch and even Maxwell. Of those only Maxwell can be considered slightly unlucky not to get more chances, but then his only decent shield score since his dropping was at the MCG.

mr_mister

Maddinsons last run in the test side was at 6, I feel since he's probably averaging 100 as an FC opener since moving to Vic it'd be an opening spot he'd be eyeing off, and since there was I think one single score over 20 made by our three opener options in the ashes (Warner's 60) it's fair to say there are spots there for the taking