• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
PM’s XI
George Bailey (c) – Tasmania
Jason Behrendorff – Western Australia
Max Bryant – Queensland
Ben Dwarshuis – New South Wales
Jack Edwards – New South Wales
Nic Maddinson – Victoria
Kurtis Patterson – New South Wales
Josh Philippe – Western Australia
Usman Qadir – Western Australia
Gurinder Sandhu – Tasmania
Jason Sangha – New South Wales
12th man: Tom Engelbrecht – ACT/NSW Country

Vs South Africa @ Manuka 31 October.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I get that, but you can still look at what he's doing and extrapolate etc.. He's getting less revs (in fact, there was talk the other week about the testing they did of the young leggies and he was a few hundred revs off the best - and that's in SA), very little control and succeeding due to an excellent wrongun.
Who would you suggest out of the spinners in Adelaide grade cricket?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd be surprised there weren't a few who are pound for pound better bowlers than Pope, but clearly Pope is a the brighter prospect given his age, which makes it fair enough selecting him IMO

TheJediBrah

Not sure if Sangha has a widely used nickname yet but I'm going to refer to him as "steak" from now on

Also love the look of Pope. He's got some serious talent.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
There's not much. Andrews isn't a four day bowler, Cormack's no good and the two with the most upside left (O'Connell -> Vic & Logan -> Tas). Kerber and Drew had good Redbacks leagues, but neither are really good enough. It's a tough one. I probably wouldn't play one

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
There's not much. Andrews isn't a four day bowler, Cormack's no good and the two with the most upside left (O'Connell -> Vic & Logan -> Tas). Kerber and Drew had good Redbacks leagues, but neither are really good enough. It's a tough one. I probably wouldn't play one
Agree that SA spin stocks are somewhat light, but I would still take Pope ahead of most of those names. Especially surprised you rated Joel Logan ahead of him, he was seriously scattergun every time I saw him bowl.

Must admit I haven't actually seen Kerber though, have watched all the rest mentioned.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Agree that SA spin stocks are somewhat light, but I would still take Pope ahead of most of those names. Especially surprised you rated Joel Logan ahead of him, he was seriously scattergun every time I saw him bowl.

Must admit I haven't actually seen Kerber though, have watched all the rest mentioned.
Had a bad season a couple of years ago but had the tricks. Pace through the air was excellent and serious revs with a serviceable wrongun and excellent flipper.

Would have played the last shield game for tasmania last season if not for being in the middle of the outback on fieldwork when the call came through.

Kerber just bowls handy orthos. Tight, smart, but probably doesn't have the tricks. Much better bat/field than the other options but suspect he's a long way back/would be more of a no-rounder going up the levels.

Spikey

Outstanding work from Nev. Saved the game and protected his average. Coopers Copeland to bowl for the rest of the day and get his 10

Spikey

did sabba acquire copers copeland's tank? 9 over spell, what world are we living in

Burgey

Made 29 batting at five too. I'd say he's ticked a lot of Langer boxes in this match. Could be the next Mitch Marsh.