• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mackin only taking 1/66 so far.

Looking forward to seeing Cummins and Hazlewood get a bowl.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ugh nsw picks a team structure i like for once so here comes the test players to wreck it

stephen

I'd have been sledging the **** it of Warner's team with those "cheating" comments.

As a genuine number 11, you sledge the opposition back. You're not there for a long time so you might as well have a good time.

Burgey

I'd have been sledging the **** it of Warner's team with those "cheating" comments.

As a genuine number 11, you sledge the opposition back. You're not there for a long time so you might as well have a good time.
This is a very disappointing approach, stephen.

Where you bat has nothing to do with whether you sledge or not. You should sledge the **** out of the ****s whether you're facing up to the first ball or batting Jack. It doesn't matter. It should be on for all money from the get-go.

Just don't #crosstheline

TheJediBrah

It shouldn't need people to come out and say it. I mean when other countries players doing the exact same thing, or worse, are getting 1 match bans, or small fines, it should be pretty self evident to any thinking human being that it was not a fair punishment.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
I'm kind of wistfully, wishfully? thinking there will be public and media pressure to overturn them before India get here. Long shot I know but the more people question it the chances grow.

Top_Cat

This is a very disappointing approach, stephen.

Where you bat has nothing to do with whether you sledge or not. You should sledge the **** out of the ****s whether you're facing up to the first ball or batting Jack. It doesn't matter. It should be on for all money from the get-go.

Just don't #crosstheline
haha, spot on. Alexander smart enough to know his place there. If he bit...

Spikey

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...uHCXfB2vHeVAC6kMIlEuE2c&pfmredir=sm§ion=sport

I don’t often say this, but I agree 100% with everything Warne has said
I suspect Vic who was closer to the action would disagree with this claim

I don't think there's enough first class cricketers getting into school cricket and inspiring people and talking to young boys and girls to say cricket's a great game and this is why, teaching them techniques.

"Yes, they're busy … but you've got to find time and you have to find a way to make sure that school programs have opportunities for boys and girls.

"I remember growing up and all those school programs I had were great, and the state cricketers would come down and see us and you'd go, 'Oh wow, that's Simon O'Donnell' or 'that's Dean Jones and that's Merv Hughes'.

"It just doesn't happen anymore."
also I don't think the wider cricketing community felt this way, unless we're restricting it to only the australian community

"I think the wider cricket community thought, 'Australians don't do that, that's not the way Australians play their sport. They play it hard, they play it tough, they're uncompromising, but they're fair'," he said.

Last edited:

Starfighter

The Stars have signed Lamichhane. It'll be interesting to see how he can contribute to their underperformance this year.