• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or does the commentary sound quality in the WA stream get worse and worse every year. Not to mention that commentator who sounds like he has just smoked an entire pack of winnie reds

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilton Cartwright Bowled Watch: 1

Bets on how many he'll have by the end of the FC season? I'll go with 7.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
m8 i dont think you had anything to do with cartwright being castled all the time

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Though given the trend of literally every batsman in the ****ing comp getting bowled by straight balls because they square themselves up and bring the bat down sideways, should have him on for 20.

"Seed" says cricket.com.au, as a young 'gun' misses another 130km/h straight ball.

Gnske

Somehow Burns played the straightest out of all of QLD's bowled or caught behind dismissals today which is a shock in itself. Heazlett's bat was coming in from gully.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sangha's wasn't good either. Pegs knocked back but the back foot ended up on the popping crease, pointing straight at Sayers from about a sixth stump line.

Loved all the QLD guys staring down at the pitch. Tendulkarism at its worst -- ffs it didn't do anything weird off the pitch and it wasn't exceptionally good bowling either. You ****ing missed a straight one.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm not well versed in the Aussie domestic scene but is Joe Mennie as good as his numbers suggest? I imagine he is, however if I'm remembering right he didn't too well in the Championship this year either

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not well versed in the Aussie domestic scene but is Joe Mennie as good as his numbers suggest? I imagine he is, however if I'm remembering right he didn't too well in the Championship this year either
He didn't impress much in the one Test he played. Good at the lower level though.

stephen

He didn't impress much in the one Test he played. Good at the lower level though.
Yeah he wasn't great in that test.

Honestly a lot of domestic bowlers have great looking stats at the moment in Australian cricket because the batting stocks are so dire. Players with flattering records:

Anyone from SA
Anyone from QLD
Most players from WA with the exception of Behrendorff and NCN
Tassie bowlers not named Bird or Rogers
Copeland (the rest of the non test NSW bowlers are garbage)

Players who are actually good:

Behrendorff
Bird
Rogers
NCN
Tremain
Cummins
Pattinson
Starc
Hazlewood

I love the Queensland side at the moment (well when they're full strength) but their bowlers are not test match quality. Similarly SA bowlers are not really good enough for tests.

stephen

The fact that Tremain and Bird are playing domestic while Neser and Doggett are in the UAE is utter madness.

Gnske

The fact that Tremain and Bird are playing domestic while Neser and Doggett are in the UAE is utter madness.
Doggett is the one I can't find even selectors' logic for. With Neser you at least know they thought he might reverse swing it.

Maybe he and Labuschagne were selected under the Quiney doctrine. I wouldn't be surprised.

stephen

Doggett is the one I can't find even selectors' logic for. With Neser you at least know they thought he might reverse swing it.

Maybe he and Labuschagne were selected under the Quiney doctrine. I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm pretty sure that both Doggett and Labaschagne were picked to be there around the team to get a feel for international cricket without actually playing. Like Brad Hodge and Stuart MacGill inn the 2005 Ashes.