• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't get reported for chucking these days until you play big bash or state cricket for a while (or in Asia where you play Test cricket for a while before being reported, if ever)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
You don't get reported for chucking these days until you play big bash or state cricket for a while (or in Asia where you play Test cricket for a while before being reported, if ever)
He was only ever reported in the first place in a Shield final iirc, that was quite some time ago now and if anything it almost looked worse last time I saw him

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Fawad Ahmed has retired from red ball cricket i an attempt to get himself into australia's world cup squad, he will travel and play t20 leagues to try and make that happen

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasn't got the most inspiring ODI numbers, but Lyon has never really had an extended run in the format. The challange for him is to find the right balance between attack and defense, there is a time to give it a bit of flight and look for wickets, and there are times where keeping things tight are the priority.

And TJB has had it in for Lyon pretty much from day one, anything he says on the matter is worthless

TheJediBrah

He hasn't got the most inspiring ODI numbers, but Lyon has never really had an extended run in the format. The challange for him is to find the right balance between attack and defense, there is a time to give it a bit of flight and look for wickets, and there are times where keeping things tight are the priority.

And TJB has had it in for Lyon pretty much from day one, anything he says on the matter is worthless
It's not just about numbers. He's looked very ordinary nearly every game he's played. Zampa has looked much, much better and more effective. So has Agar for that matter.

I'm not just being anti-Lyon, he's clearly the best Test spinner but he shouldn't even be close to selection in ODIs.

Burgey

I dunno why they play him tbh. Poor bastard's shoulder must be near falling off with the number of overs he's bowled in tests over the past year. Let him rest ffs

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Lyon is superfluous to Australia's needs in ODI cricket. I'd much rather Agar if we must have a finger spinner. Zampa is by far the best odi spinner we have right now. And Agar could play with Zampa on the right surface without significantly weakening the batting.

Spin deck:

Warner
Finch
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Wade
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

Actually could see this lineup being really successful in England. Could bring in Handscomb for Agar for extra batting if necessary.

Carey needs to go. Adds nothing to Australia's batting and we need a keeper who can make runs.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not just about numbers. He's looked very ordinary nearly every game he's played. Zampa has looked much, much better and more effective. So has Agar for that matter.

I'm not just being anti-Lyon, he's clearly the best Test spinner but he shouldn't even be close to selection in ODIs.
When Zampa is bowling well, he is absolutely good enough for this level. Has his odd off days but I agree he is probably our best ODI option right now. Can't agree with you saying Lyon has looked ordinary though.

Regarding Agar, anyone know when he should be back off injury?

TheJediBrah

Yeah Lyon is superfluous to Australia's needs in ODI cricket. I'd much rather Agar if we must have a finger spinner. Zampa is by far the best odi spinner we have right now. And Agar could play with Zampa on the right surface without significantly weakening the batting.

Spin deck:

Warner
Finch
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Wade
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

Actually could see this lineup being really successful in England. Could bring in Handscomb for Agar for extra batting if necessary.

Carey needs to go. Adds nothing to Australia's batting and we need a keeper who can make runs.
I like how you leave out Australia's recently crowned ODI player of the year

Burgey

Just on that. It proves what a **** year Australia had in ODIs that he won the award.

Secondly, wtf was he doing wearing that **** to the CA Awards night? Pull you head in, son. You've accomplished **** all so far.

Had shades of Slats on stage with a glass of red wine dancing to Khe Sanh while pissed about it.

Burgey

Wondering why Bert hasn't batted int eh second dig int eh Futures League match. Trying to find out if he's injured.

In better news, Baxter Holt with a pair for the match.

Burgey

Silence, fool. You rate Peter Handscomb's technique. This invalidates any comments you might make surrounding cricket.