• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
It is being said that Siddle won't be playing again this season.

Can anyone recall what his injury was after the first test ?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is being said that Siddle won't be playing again this season.

Can anyone recall what his injury was after the first test ?
meh no one cares about him any more

faded away into obscurity

Though wouldn't surprise me if the poor delusional guy still harboured hopes of playing Test cricket

Andre

International Regular
Mason Crane in the NSW squad for the Shield match. English overseas player in grade. Hope he's switched allegiance to become an Aussie or is purely a net bowler, as it's a pretty huge slap in the face to the NSW system if they are picking a 20 year old spinner as an overseas pro.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mason Crane in the NSW squad for the Shield match. English overseas player in grade. Hope he's switched allegiance to become an Aussie or is purely a net bowler, as it's a pretty huge slap in the face to the NSW system if they are picking a 20 year old spinner as an overseas pro.
Hasn't been many overseas players in the Shield since I've been alive. I know Botha was playing quite recently, and Andy Flower had a season for SA as well back in the early 2000s I think.

I guess with Lyon and SOK both away there's a position opened up and if you can pick a player with County experience then why not? Would he playing ahead of Somerville and/or Nair?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I always presumed there was some rule put in place against overseas pros playing in the Shield in the last 10 years due to the sheer lack of them.

I honestly hope he plays, don't give a **** about Cummins and his meme bowling.