• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see that Sayers has only played 46 games at first class level. What kept him from being selected earlier on in his career? South Australia's line-up was garbage 5 years ago so it couldn't have been that. Pretty sure he was topping the wicket takers list in grade cricket, even back then.
m8 46 games is a lot. This isn't county cricket where you play 537 games a season.

I doubt there's many quicks in the Shield who have played more

Midwinter

State Captain
Surprised to see that Sayers has only played 46 games at first class level. What kept him from being selected earlier on in his career? South Australia's line-up was garbage 5 years ago so it couldn't have been that. Pretty sure he was topping the wicket takers list in grade cricket, even back then.
10 games a season

5 seasons

50 games

You're about right.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Welcome back mate.

iirc nobody rated him because he wasn't quick and isn't tall, and kinda assumed he wouldn't be able to step up because of that. I'm sure Top_Cat and Riggins have some better info though.

brockley

International Captain
Yes for me the collapses by NSW a real worry,their next game will be a real test,and after that if we fail their maybe changes.
At least we got rid of Copeland or O'keefe at 7 thing.
Interested how Arhun Nair does with the bat in the Futures cup,a 100 maybe timely.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
And a raging Bunsen at the SCG is just what everyone except Dougeh wants to see. The WACA and Brisbane should be fast and bouncy, Adelaide a road, Sydney a turner and the MCG a lifeless piece of ****. It's just right.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Welcome back mate.

iirc nobody rated him because he wasn't quick and isn't tall, and kinda assumed he wouldn't be able to step up because of that. I'm sure Top_Cat and Riggins have some better info though.
Cheers.

Yeah, that's what I assumed were the reasons.

I mean South Australia had the likes of Allan Wise, Chris Duval and Jake Haberfield opening the bowling back in 2008/09. I was just surprised that Sayers debuted as late as 2011 when you factor in how bad the fast bowling stocks were back then for SA excluding George.

brockley

International Captain
Interesting 2nd xl game today between NSW and Tas,Tas 2nds full of first class batsmen 360 runs off 130 overs,rat pace,NSW in reply,Better run rate 4 down,Rohrer only 32,I guess Gibson is safe then.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
After two rounds in the shield

Batting
SA Weatherald 172, Cooper 166
Vic Harris 267, White 174
NSW Patterson 222,Smith 159
WA SMarsh 183, Cartwright 157
Qld Burns 172, Labuschagne 167
Tas Bailey 259, Faulkner 109

Faulkner is 19th overall, Bailey carrying Tas
Harris looks to have made the right move.

Bowling
SA Sayers 17, Worrall 7
Vic Holland 11, Tremain 9
NSW Somerville 9, O'Keefe 8
WA Agar 13, Behrendorff 8
Qld Feldman 7, George 6
Tas Bird 8, Webster 6

4 spinners in the top 6 wicket takers so far

Obviously influenced by one-off performances but Sayers is looking good again.
Labuschagne is South African born right? Afrikaaner sounding surname that..

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I see the Heat have finalised their BBL squad.

Brisbane Heat BBL|06 squad: Samuel Badree (International), Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Alex Doolan, Andrew Fekete, Luke Feldman, Jason Floros, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Josh Lalor, Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum (capt; International), James Peirson, Nathan Reardon, Alex Ross, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Jack Wildermuth.

Am I right in saying they have made no changes at all to the bowling lineup that was widely panned last season??

ajdude

International Coach
today's only just reminding me that Labuschagne was player of the tournament in the Matador Cup. still can't fathom it

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone know much about Sam Truloff? Seems to be in excellent form for QLD's futures team. Batting at 4, I noticed he is just 23, might come into contention for Forrest next game.

brockley

International Captain
Played for the Australia under 19 side with little success,played 2nd xl last year with very little effect,been in form in both games this year.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Renshaw has apparently been playing some grade last weekend scoring a 50, surely returning to QLD soon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brockers Brockley gonna come into his own this round with his Aussie domestic comp train-spotting ways. Want to read his thoughts about some of the blokes doing the rounds in the Shield this year.