• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

91Jmay

International Coach
Am i right in thinking this is the second incident for Daniel Hughes? Hope he is ok, really worrying.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Trescothick does seem like a good comparison.

The HIA is one of the things that sport should really be given credit for implementing IMO. Stands for head injury assessment if unsure.

Going back to the players who have enhanced their reputation and its a little difficult to name more qlders despite them reachinf the final and performing above expectations.

I guess Floros as a captain is to be taken more seriously and his batting has been composed and his bowling economical too. Neser doesnt have the average to back this up but he has bowled consistenly well and I think Cutting has looked good too, similar to Kingston who got mentioned earlier.

One more thing to add. Im interested in seeing how the oz selectors go about picking the aggressive batsman/part-time spinner.

Head vs Maxwell vs Maddinson is a pretty interesting selection battle at the moment. They are all sort of similar Cricketers IMO and it has been good to see Maddo take on more bowling responsibility this Matador.

The other battle I like is:
Marsh vs Henriques vs Stoinis

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cutting's bowling has been good, but his batting has been atrocious

really goes against the general feeling about him in Aus cricket the last couple of years, that he was becoming more of a batsman who bowls a bit

Burgey

hahaha what's the par score
See, the rain wasn't that bad but the players understandably wanted a burger at the Balmain hotel before the kitchen closed, then on to Wilhemina's for chic tgennthe Unity Hall to finish up

Spikey

dead set how lucky are the domestic cricketers, being able to play at one of the great grounds in the world and then be in touching distance of balmain

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a nice area for sure.

cricket.com.au named their team of the tournament:

1 Cameron White
2 Daniel Hughes
3 Alex Doolan
4 Adam Voges
5 Marnus Labuschagne
6 Tim Paine
7 Cameron Valente
8 Arjun Nair
9 Pat Cummins
10 Andrew Tye
11 Doug Bollinger

Pretty solid tbh.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Bollinger should definitely be in contention for ODIs this summer. Tests too if we're struck with a few injuries.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You were talking him up 2 weeks ago
(citation needed)

Edit: Nevermind I did it for you, I called him a shunt two weeks ago and in the only other post referencing him I continued to slag him off.

Never reply to me ever again.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
See, the rain wasn't that bad but the players understandably wanted a burger at the Balmain hotel before the kitchen closed, then on to Wilhemina's for chic tgennthe Unity Hall to finish up
I worked at the Balmain earlier this year for a while. Jeez the burgers are good. The team would have been looking to finish off the night at the workers for sure.

Just quietly, how embarrassing for the tournament that Hazlewood is rested in the final.

TheJediBrah

Never reply to me ever again.
ok

I worked at the Balmain earlier this year for a while. Jeez the burgers are good. The team would have been looking to finish off the night at the workers for sure.

Just quietly, how embarrassing for the tournament that Hazlewood is rested in the final.
Not to mention NSW haven't used the 3 best players in Australia at all and are still dominating the final

pure arrogance