• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2011-12

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Darren Dempsey got a pair against Victoria on his FC debut (part of an Ian Harvey hat-trick too, I think) after leaving for SA to get more opportunity.

Gulbis smashed around Vic 2nd XI earlier this season too.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My dawg Haberfield continuing his Futures form i.e. the **** gets wickets. Great stuff. Get him in the Test side!

EDIT: Love his bowling action, Steyn-like in the 'flick' he gets (10Km/h slower, but). Just wish he'd occasionally move a ball off the straight.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
My dawg Haberfield continuing his Futures form i.e. the **** gets wickets. Great stuff. Get him in the Test side!

EDIT: Love his bowling action, Steyn-like in the 'flick' he gets (10Km/h slower, but). Just wish he'd occasionally move a ball off the straight.
Haberfield was bowling around the 140Km/h mark at times tonight. He definitely has picked up some pace and strength, I can remember him only bowling at about the 130Km/h mark before his injury.

He definitely needs to improve his outswinger though, like you mentioned.

adub

International Captain
NSW scraping the bottom of the barrell. We don't even have enough players to name a 12th man.

The full squad is

Ben ROHRER (C)
Trent COPELAND
Tim CRUICKSHANK
Luke DORAN
Josh HAZLEWOOD
Moises HENRIQUES
Scott HENRY
Phil JAQUES
Simon KATICH
Josh LALOR
Peter NEVILL

Good for Lalor to finally get his debut after carrying drinks the last few games, but with the rain about he might not get onto the field until day 4.

Spikey

NSW scraping the bottom of the barrell. We don't even have enough players to name a 12th man.

The full squad is

Ben ROHRER (C)
Trent COPELAND
Tim CRUICKSHANK
Luke DORAN
Josh HAZLEWOOD
Moises HENRIQUES
Scott HENRY
Phil JAQUES
Simon KATICH
Josh LALOR
Peter NEVILL

Good for Lalor to finally get his debut after carrying drinks the last few games, but with the rain about he might not get onto the field until day 4.
it doesn't get better: Kurtis Patterson and Timm Van Der Gugten join NSW SpeedBlitz Blues squad

brockley

International Captain
I think if south australia don"t win this next shield game,everyone in the team will be on notice except Klinger,and thats only because he is captain.1 player surely on the drop if he fails is Bailey.
Happy Patterson on debut reminds me how Clarke made his debut at 18,hope we stick with him been following his form in grade,not many players meeting him with bat cept Dawson.
Probably Dawson will only get a call up as a wickie and thats not likely.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
Injury is really killing Henriques' good start to the season. Paterson did will in u19s so should be good seeing how he goes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think if south australia don"t win this next shield game,everyone in the team will be on notice except Klinger,and thats only because he is captain.1 player surely on the drop if he fails is Bailey.
Happy Patterson on debut reminds me how Clarke made his debut at 18,hope we stick with him been following his form in grade,not many players meeting him with bat cept Dawson.
Probably Dawson will only get a call up as a wickie and thats not likely.
I don't think there will ever be an opportunity that calls for Dawson as much as this one; I reckon it's passed him by now that he's not been picked here.

Top_Cat

You keep saying that and I keep telling you, as bad as some guys have played, there's no-one as good to replace them in grade cricket.

Anyway, forgetting personnel for a second, the real problem has little to do with the quality of the players. You've got two SACA bowlers in the top 10 wicket-takers this year and a few guys averaging above 45 with the bat but the team is dead last. Very few of the good performances have come in the same match, though, and whilst the opening batters and bowlers are doing the job, almost no-one else is following on from what they're doing. As usual, the problems lie with the team.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Top we are last too,and well i think we will break the record of players chosen for NSW this season,at least we are making changes even if they are forced.
BTW Katich is really struggling this year,they made the right call on him,considering his last 5 tests we're shoddy.