• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd much rather Holland take Lyon's place than Agar if he got a drugs ban for taking diuretics that his mum gave him.

Neser ending with 4, Holland 3, Doggett 1, Tremain 0 with two runouts.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Seems like that's what Australia would do, at least from the SA tour when they picked Holland as back-up spinner, acknowledging that there wouldn't be a time where they'd use two spinners. Makes sense - Agar playing as second spinner as he can contribute more with bat and field.

Maybe not the case with Langer in charge, and his Agar love.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Can see what you mean tbh, not sure if it will be a problem for him but definitely worth keeping an eye on. His whole run up and action in general look fairly clunky and mechanical, not much rhythm through the crease

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, just noticed Alister McDermott still playing in Brisbane grade cricket. Always wondered what became of him, he seemed to just drop of the face of the planet and I was never really sure why.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Travis Head 58 3/134 Khawajah 40,Mitch Marsh in on 9*.
NSW bt QQld with wkts in hand,interurupted by rain.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can see what you mean tbh, not sure if it will be a problem for him but definitely worth keeping an eye on. His whole run up and action in general look fairly clunky and mechanical, not much rhythm through the crease

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, just noticed Alister McDermott still playing in Brisbane grade cricket. Always wondered what became of him, he seemed to just drop of the face of the planet and I was never really sure why.
My theory (more so personal feelings) on AlMac was that while he had the pedigree and the will he just didn't have the physical attributes to be top tier. Don't get me wrong, he was clearly a very good bowler but he always just seemed a bit small compared to his old man.

Having said that though his statistics were excellent and I definitely share your confusion regarding where he disappeared to

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember asking about him a couple of years back and in that current season he'd taken one wicket in seven grade matches or something like that. Though that'll get you in for NSW.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
My theory (more so personal feelings) on AlMac was that while he had the pedigree and the will he just didn't have the physical attributes to be top tier. Don't get me wrong, he was clearly a very good bowler but he always just seemed a bit small compared to his old man.

Having said that though his statistics were excellent and I definitely share your confusion regarding where he disappeared to
Would have to be inclined to agree. He was certainly a good bowler, dangerous on his day, but when watching him I always got the sense he just lacked something compared to his dad.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had the h00ping outie but didn't have the pace, accuracy, variations, fitness or general arsehole of Dad. Pace aside, all the others Billy had to learn on the job over years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was actually pretty damn accurate IMO. Always just seemed to need either a bit more pace or a bit more variation to make the next step up to me, but I was surprised he ended up playing as little for Queensland as he did. Maybe he came back even slower after that injury; I can imagine how that would've been terminal.

brockley

International Captain
I heard it was being live streamed.Just the JLT thats if its not on the 30 dollar deal.Not that you can apply for that its not working.