• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia squad vs WI

sideshowtim

Banned
Given the number of non-contracted players on there, there's got to be a few nervous blokes round Australia now. If those 20 get them, plus Tait, that just leaves four left.
Cullen Bailey will certainly lose his as he couldn't even crack the dire SACAs. Dan Cullen is in danger of losing his however I think they'll stick with him. Pomers might be looking at getting one...Another keeper too maybe.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Cullen Bailey will certainly lose his as he couldn't even crack the dire SACAs. Dan Cullen is in danger of losing his however I think they'll stick with him. Pomers might be looking at getting one...Another keeper too maybe.
I guess that leaves Cullen Bailey, Brad Hodge, Adam Voges, Shane Watson and maybe (but probably not actually) Chris Rogers looking over their shoulders.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disagree. Given the Windies general weakness against spin I can certainly see Casson being given a run if Macca goes down. I'm not sure Macca is even a cert. I think it'll come down to the tour games we play before the Tests. Casson's batting could come in handy for sure.
Only one tour game before the Test AFAIK. If I feel bothered to I might go on one of the days. Hopefully I can get my club membership sorted soon so that I can go to all 5 days:ph34r: of the first Test.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Irrational hate of all things Victorian. Jealously more than anything, really.

Liking the look of the squad though, can't wait for the series. Casson must be there for learning purposes, ie hang around with the squad, get exposed to that kind of stuff.
Not really. Love Victoria, just dislike Hodge because I think he's incredibly overrated. If he played for NSW, I'd still dislike him.

howardj

International Coach
FFS could they shoehorn any more blue-baggers into this squad! It's harking back to the dark old days of Taylor's NSW dominated empire. lol. Surprised they didn't try to squeeze Lambert and Mail into an expanded 17 man squad. Just joking. Anyway, the only real surprise is Hilfenhaus, who is probably, on reflection, there by default - given the injuries to Bracken, Siddle and (god forbid) Bollinger.

howardj

International Coach
IQ of a cheap toaster. As soon as there's a hint of movement on a deck he spontaneously combusts. And it doesn't even look cool.

"Dude, did Brad Hodge just spontaneously combust?"
"Meh."
:laugh: :laugh:

And, in his interviews, all he ever talks about is himself and how much he wants to get back into the Australian team.

Up there with MacGilla as a self-promoter IMO.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The squad for the three Test matches to be played is:
PLAYER STATE AGE
Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33
Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26
Beau Casson NSW 25
Stuart Clark NSW 32
Brad Haddin NSW 30
Matthew Hayden QLD 36
Ben Hilfenhaus TAS 25
Michael Hussey WA 32
Phil Jaques NSW 28
Mitchell Johnson QLD 26
Simon Katich NSW 32
Brett Lee NSW 31
Stuart MacGill NSW 37
Ashley Noffke QLD 30
Andrew Symonds QLD 32

The squad for the five one-day international matches to be played is:
PLAYER STATE AGE
Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33
Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26
Nathan Bracken NSW 30
Stuart Clark NSW 32
Brad Haddin NSW 30
Matthew Hayden QLD 36
James Hopes QLD 29
David Hussey VIC 30
Michael Hussey WA 32
Mitchell Johnson QLD 26
Brett Lee NSW 31
Shaun Marsh WA 24
Andrew Symonds QLD 32
Cameron White
Quite perculiar to see Casson and Marsh there. Casson isn't even the best spinner in NSW IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS could they shoehorn any more blue-baggers into this squad! It's harking back to the dark old days of Taylor's NSW dominated empire. lol. Surprised they didn't try to squeeze Lambert and Mail into an expanded 17 man squad. Just joking. Anyway, the only real surprise is Hilfenhaus, who is probably, on reflection, there by default - given the injuries to Bracken, Siddle and (god forbid) Bollinger.
Is Bracks injured?

I'd have been tempted to take him in the test squad, with a view ahead to the flat tracks in India.

I think he might be very handy there in the long format, slowing his pace and bowling those cutters - almost like a faster Derek Underwood-type left arm spin/ medium pace option. His versatility would be an asset I think.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Certainly is injured. Am certain Hilfenhaus has his spot tbh. Not happy. :(

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Is Bracks injured?

I'd have been tempted to take him in the test squad, with a view ahead to the flat tracks in India.

I think he might be very handy there in the long format, slowing his pace and bowling those cutters - almost like a faster Derek Underwood-type left arm spin/ medium pace option. His versatility would be an asset I think.
Made this post about 19 times iirc.

I would of definetley put Watson in the frame...
I like this guy.

Julian87

State Captain
I feel for big Doug, he woul have been a shoe-in for the test squad if it wasn't for breaking his foot. Thinking about it, Casson is the right choice as back up spinner. Wasn't that far behind McGain and has his whole career ahead of him. Better spinner than anyone in Australia ATM barring MacGill and possibly Bryce.

Great to see Katich back in there. Great to see Marsh in the one day squad and Haddin picked in both teams as the only keeper. I really hope he steps up, because he thoroughly deserves an extremely extended chance. The one weird selection/non selection is the fact that the one day team has not selected a full time spinner. Both Cullen and Hauritz are good enough in the limited overs stuff IMO, but they have obviouskly gone for the five medium pacers plus Symonds/Clarke/Hussey/White as part time spin options. One god thing about this is I think it spells the end of Symonds' medium pace rabble for good.