• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia squad vs WI

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
The squad for the three Test matches to be played is:
PLAYER STATE AGE
Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33
Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26
Beau Casson NSW 25
Stuart Clark NSW 32
Brad Haddin NSW 30
Matthew Hayden QLD 36
Ben Hilfenhaus TAS 25
Michael Hussey WA 32
Phil Jaques NSW 28
Mitchell Johnson QLD 26
Simon Katich NSW 32
Brett Lee NSW 31
Stuart MacGill NSW 37
Ashley Noffke QLD 30
Andrew Symonds QLD 32

The squad for the five one-day international matches to be played is:
PLAYER STATE AGE
Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33
Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26
Nathan Bracken NSW 30
Stuart Clark NSW 32
Brad Haddin NSW 30
Matthew Hayden QLD 36
James Hopes QLD 29
David Hussey VIC 30
Michael Hussey WA 32
Mitchell Johnson QLD 26
Brett Lee NSW 31
Shaun Marsh WA 24
Andrew Symonds QLD 32
Cameron White

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Likewise Casson, though our spinning stocks arent great atm.

Shame Bollinger and Siddle are both injured. Would have thought on form they both deserve to be there ahead of Hilfy.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Likewise Casson, though our spinning stocks arent great atm.

Shame Bollinger and Siddle are both injured. Would have thought on form they both deserve to be there ahead of Hilfy.
Casson was always some hope, he's been talked about since the Pura Cup final, I guess they just drew his name out of the hat in front of a couple others.

Marsh has done well to make the ODI squad in front of a few others though, hope he goes well but his selection has come out of the blue a bit.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Casson was always some hope, he's been talked about since the Pura Cup final, I guess they just drew his name out of the hat in front of a couple others.

Marsh has done well to make the ODI squad in front of a few others though, hope he goes well but his selection has come out of the blue a bit.
Marsh has always been earmarked for higher things. Not unhappy that he's been selected.

Katich :cool:

mikeW

Hussey stiff to miss the test side?

Love the selections of Marrsh and White in the OD squad. Hilfenhaus in the squad on potential rather than output from this season also as mentioned others out injured.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Satisfied with both squad TBH, would have liked Watson to have been picked but the selectors predicatably given his past injury problems took the safe road with him ATS.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Casson :cool:

Will hopefully be playing with his brother in Shanghai again sometime soon. Good to see Katich and Noffke there as well, and that Hodge wasn't selected for either of them

mikeW

Casson is a joke selection esspecially if he actually plays...

Should've picked another pace bowler or back up batsmen.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
So the Test team will look like

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
MacGill
Lee
Johnson
Clark

I have to ask who people think will get chosen if one of the fast bowlers get injured? Will it be Hilfenhaus or Nofffke to replace them? I suppose it depends on the fast bowler injured also.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
So the Test team will look like

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
MacGill
Lee
Johnson
Clark

I have to ask who people think will get chosen if one of the fast bowlers get injured? Will it be Hilfenhaus or Nofffke to replace them? I suppose it depends on the fast bowler injured also.
You would have to say Nofke as he strengthens the batting and has been in great form for the last couple of years.

Craig

World Traveller
Chaminda setting off a car bomb outside CA Head Quarters in the non selection of Bryce McGain AWS.

*YES this posts is in jest.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Voges is injured right ?...major shock Marsh being picked ahead of him if he wasnt. That said Marsh has always looked like a player capable of more and now that his output has started to match his talent I think it was the right time to introduce him to international cricket...
Didnt realise he was still only 24...feels like he's been around forever, I remember him being in the WA squad 6 or 7 years ago.

They didnt really replace Hogg with another spinner, I spose Cameron White's in there but he's always going to be more a batsman. I think its quite convievable that the best OD spinning option in the country is already in the side.....Michael Clarke.

Overall I'm pretty happy with both squads....Casson was easily the best of the young brigade of spinners and McGain fell away towards the end of last season so that was pretty straightforward. And although Hilfenhaus had a poor season, the competition was injured and they've invested time in him so it makes sense to stick with him.