• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia ATG vs ROW XI - in Australia

subshakerz

International Coach
Is there a ROW XI that can beat the below in a five test series in Australia?

Simpson/Hayden/Morris/Trumper
Bradman
Smith
Chappell/Ponting/Border
Miller
Gilly
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
O'Reilly/Lindwall/Cummins/Davidson

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Bradman
Smith
Chappell/Ponting/Border
Miller
Gilly
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
That's a poorly balanced Australian side with Warne batting as high as 7 & Bradman opening

So confident the following side off the top of my head would beat your side at home;

Gavaskar
Hobbs
V Richards
Tendulkar
Lara
Hammond
Sangakkara +
Imran*
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a poorly balanced Australian side with Warne batting as high as 7 & Bradman opening

So confident the following side off the top of my head would beat your side at home;

Gavaskar
Hobbs
V Richards
Tendulkar
Lara
Hammond
Sangakkara +
Imran*
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali
Warne bats at 8 and Bradman at 3 in his team. He is saying 2 out of the 4 guys will open.

tony p

First Class Debutant

Bradman
Smith
Chappell/Ponting/Border
Miller
Gilly
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
If Australia are playing 18, then ROW have no chance.

subshakerz

International Coach

Gavaskar
Hobbs
V Richards
Tendulkar
Lara
Hammond
Sangakkara +
Imran*
Hadlee
Marshall
Murali
Not the strongest side.

Gavaskar wasn't great in Australia against Lillee while Lara averages 41 there. Murali sucks in Australia big time too.

tony p

First Class Debutant
ROW team,

Hobbs
Headley,
Tendulkar
V Richards
Lara
Procter
Sobers, (c)
Imran Khan,
Knott (wk)
Marshall,
Barnes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Bradman
Smith
Chappell/Ponting/Border
Miller
Gilly
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
I’d think closely about Simpson and Lawry as your openers. Sure Bill got a bad rap late in his career, but he was an awesome player of pace. Under rated

O’Reilly would purely be there for turning decks, otherwise I’d have Davo for variety just ahead of Cummins. He would bat ahead of Warne, too. Probably no surprise to anyone that I’d have TOTAB for the middle order spot too.

subshakerz

International Coach
Does Akram have a better case to be selected than Imran?

I think if you select Sobers, there is no need for spinner as I don’t think any spinner has a strong enough record there.