• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia and their approach to T20s

Niall

International Coach
Australia's top players not being available for the Big Bash presents a problem because your emerging talent doesn't get to play against the best players.
Need to study the format of the mighty Natwest Blast for inspiration.:ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The bizarre thing is that we attract the most overseas interest when it comes to the IPL. There are 24 Aussies this year - I don't get it, considering we mostly struggle against spin and we struggle under pressure in T20I's. Slightly funny that our best bat in this tournament Khawaja, isn't one of the 24 too.

Overall though, I feel as though the Australian T20 team is a bit like the NSW State of Origin team. On paper the teams looks quality and there are many options available who could in theory do a decent job. But there are a few players who get picked no matter how they perform while many (not all) of the young players are under pressure immediately to perform or they'll get dropped. Spikey to agree that Mitch Pearce is James Faulkner in this scenario.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same old story, picking the T20 squad as an audition for the Test squad. Until they stop doing that, will keep getting bossed in these tournaments.

Shady Slim

International Coach
who thought it was a good idea to pick ncn though

who thinks that a guy who hasn't played for like a year is a better option than any seamer who had a good big bash, even if they were smacked around a bit on the roady roads vs india