• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A matches

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, did anyone else no that Irish opening bowler Trent Johnson is 39? He's doing pretty well then!

uvelocity

International Coach
only thing with doolan is he is always scoring quickly. i love a quick scorer, but a test batsman needs a few gears

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
only thing with doolan is he is always scoring quickly. i love a quick scorer, but a test batsman needs a few gears
First time I've ever heard anyone say that about Doolan. He definitely has some gears - look at his career strike rate, its under 50.

uvelocity

International Coach
well ive seen bugger all, and no didnt look them up, just a feeling i got from the last year or so, maybe wrong

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was really hoping this pitch would be a road so that the spinners could toil a bit, and sort out the men from the boys, but it looks like this game will be weather affected and the pitch is lively. Damn.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was really hoping this pitch would be a road so that the spinners could toil a bit, and sort out the men from the boys, but it looks like this game will be weather affected and the pitch is lively. Damn.
I was hoping that two of our top 3 could knuckle down and bat out the first session in difficult circumstances. Obviously too hard..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was hoping that two of our top 3 could knuckle down and bat out the first session in difficult circumstances. Obviously too hard..
Well we tried to have realistic hopes, but we failed. 2 guys batting right now to try and press a case for a wildcard into the ashes squad right now though.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Smithy showing selectors why he was a little unlucky to miss ashes squad selection, play may resume according to the commentator, I'm still more interested to see how the spinners go, but we need a decent total first.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nup, play called off for the day, good effort in the end by both teams, but Aus will probably press on tomorrow

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah good on Smith, he definitely was the most unlucky player to not be a part of the initial touring party. His sixth first class century in 73 innings draws him level with Warner (53 inn) and Matthew Wade (102 inn) on the official 'first class century list of Australians still playing first class cricket list'.

Patto is level with his highest score too. Kind of hard to believe that a bowler with his batting talents hasn't scored a half century, hopefully he does tonight.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Smith is one bloke I really didn't want to see scoring runs tbh. His technique is flat out terrible. An indictment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
His technique is definitely different but his shot selection is very good whenever I've watched him in the past year and a half. Also his match awareness (which is probably just another way of saying good shot selection) seems really good compared to say a Phil Hughes or Moises Henriques.

adub

International Captain
Good on Smitteh! What we need is guys standing up and making runs. Don't care who they are or what their technique looks like, they just have to fill their boots when they get the chance. With Warner's issues and Khawaja not making a case I hope Smith gets added to the squad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah good on Smith, he definitely was the most unlucky player to not be a part of the initial touring party. His sixth first class century in 73 innings draws him level with Warner (53 inn) and Matthew Wade (102 inn) on the official 'first class century list of Australians still playing first class cricket list'.

Patto is level with his highest score too. Kind of hard to believe that a bowler with his batting talents hasn't scored a half century, hopefully he does tonight.
TBF most of his opportunities have been at Test level and he hasn't had that many proper chances to get a half-century