• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bollinger is probably my least favourite cricketer in Australia, but he's not that bad. Most bowlers who can swing the ball at decent pace will be a handful on their day.
He was terrible this year for Worcestershire, bowled only two lengths with minimal swing and at a pace (mid 80’s) which does a disservice to his apparent left arm fast description.

But my criticizing could be way off for I only saw him play three times and I may have just caught him on three bad days. The guy did well in Australia, so he must have something about him and as you say when he gets the ball to swing he would be a real handful for he doesn’t mind pitching the ball up.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was terrible this year for Worcestershire, bowled only two lengths with minimal swing and at a pace (mid 80’s) which does a disservice to his apparent right arm fast description.

But my criticizing could be way off for I only saw him play three times and I may have just caught him on three bad days. The guy did well in Australia, so he must have something about him and as you say when he gets the ball to swing he would be a real handful for he doesn’t mind pitching the ball up.
:huh:

Left arm fast I hope you mean. :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
"In a shock admission, TT Boy admits to watching a man in a Shrek suit throwing playing cricket with some cancer suffering kids and thinking it was Dougy Bollinger."

Let's be honest, we've all made the mistake.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No surprises to see the Australians cash in for Pakistan’s bowling line up is feeble.
Mansoor Amjad couldn’t catch a cold in division two county cricket but somehow his meant to roll out Jaques, Hussey and co.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
MacGill would have to have the worst tour in the history of tours not to play in the first test IMO. I think he's a cert. Bit early to be writing him off after 4 overs on the tour.
no man, i'm not writing him off for the 1st test but i'm saying he has to lift his game. MacGill througout his career has been a good spinner with his biggest weaknesses being his tendancy to be a bit expensive & fragilty againts teams who play spin well, that was always covered by his superb wicket-taking ability.

I was following the pura cup closely last season & he seemed pretty expensive in latter part of the season. Some spinners get better with age like Warne, Kumble, Gibbs, etc but i'm not sure if MacGill is one of them. Deep down i fear he has passed his peak & the selectors are only going for him based on past test record.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doug Bollinger?
:lol:

Ithink that's actually pretty flattering for Dougie. I've seen him up close when he played in the park against me - his follow through finished about 3 feet from you, and I'd actually say based on what I saw that the picture is a pretty good likeness.

Can't see him on being on any weetbix packets without some serious elective surgery.

pup11

International Coach
I am really happy for Jacques and Hussey they both cashed in on the opportunity and scored big, i think Jacques chances to open for Australia this summer in test match cricket have improved now.
Its also about time Australian selectors also start to think seriously about David Hussey, he is gun batsman IMO.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad that Voges failed. Really, really over-rated player. Still can't believe he got the captaincy of the 'A' side.

Perm

Glad that Voges failed. Really, really over-rated player. Still can't believe he got the captaincy of the 'A' side.
How he is over-rated? Looks a decent prospect to me, should really start to score heavily in the upcoming few seasons given that he'll play most of his games at the WACA.

Mister Wright

How he is over-rated? Looks a decent prospect to me, should really start to score heavily in the upcoming few seasons given that he'll play most of his games at the WACA.
Almost got a test debut last summer, and captain of the 'A' side from out of nowhere. Pretty rich if you ask me. Don't mind him being on this tour, but gosh...captain, especially when White is in the side and a regular captain of his state.

pup11

International Coach
I think Voges is one of the better batsmen in Australia atm and he definitely deserves to be in the A squad, but he shouldn't have been the captain Hussey or White would have been better choices.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So you are glad he scored no runs because he is, in your opinion, an over-rated captain, even though you've never seen him captain? Wow. I agree it was an odd decision, but they obviously see him as a future Australian captain prospect, unlike White who probably won't make the test team on a regular basis.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I think Voges is one of the better batsmen in Australia atm and he definitely deserves to be in the A squad
I agree, he hasnt consistently set domestic cricket alight yet the way Jaques, Hodge, etc have. But I remember seeing him play a second XI match live for WA a few years back and he has always seemed to have something about him to me. The way he hits the ball and the ease with which he seems to find the boundary, has alot of time to play his shots, he just looks like a test batsman.

Mister Wright

So you are glad he scored no runs because he is, in your opinion, an over-rated captain, even though you've never seen him captain? Wow. I agree it was an odd decision, but they obviously see him as a future Australian captain prospect, unlike White who probably won't make the test team on a regular basis.
No, I think he's an over-rated batsman.

brockley

International Captain
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australia A first innings Runs Balls Mins 4s 6s
PA Jaques c Khalid Latif b Mansoor Amjad 152 218 10 3
CJL Rogers c Sarfraz Ahmed b Abdur Rauf 56 126 3 -
DJ Hussey c Sarfraz Ahmed b Atif Maqbool 185 278 21 -
*AC Voges st Sarfraz Ahmed b Atif Maqbool 7 9 1 -
CL White lbw b Abdur Rauf 35 70 - 2
JR Hopes b Mansoor Amjad 144 236 7 2
+L Ronchi lbw b Atif Maqbool 22 24 2 1
AA Noffke c sub b Mansoor Amjad 39 35 2 3
DJ Cullen not out 4 12 - -
SCG MacGill did not bat
DE Bollinger did not bat
Extras (4 b, 5 lb, 3 nb, 1 w) 13
Total (8 wickets, declared, 170.5 overs) 657
Fall of wickets:
1-125, 2-256, 3-277, 4-363, 5-525, 6-561, 7-641, 8-657 (170.5 ov)
Pakistan A bowling Overs Mdns Runs Wkts Wides No-Balls
Najaf Shah 29 5 79 0 - 2
Mohammad Irshad 17 1 80 0 - -
Atif Maqbool 51 2 187 3 - -
Abdur Rauf 17 1 71 2 - -
Mansoor Amjad 40.5 1 178 3 - 1
Taufeeq Umar 5 2 14 0 - -
Hasan Raza 11 1 39 0 1 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistan A second innings Runs Balls Mins 4s 6s
Khalid Latif c Bollinger b Cullen 3 25 - -
Taufeeq Umar lbw b MacGill 29 95 1 -
Yasir Hameed not out 36 90 3 -
Hasan Raza c Ronchi b Noffke 3 18 - -
Mohammad Irshad not out 5 19 1 -
*Faisal Iqbal still to bat
Mansoor Amjad still to bat
+Sarfraz Ahmed still to bat
Abdur Rauf still to bat
Atif Maqbool still to bat
Najaf Shah still to bat
Extras (3 b, 6 lb, 1 nb) 10
Total (3 wickets, 41 overs) 86
Fall of wickets:
1-17, 2-63, 3-74
Australia A bowling Overs Mdns Runs Wkts Wides No-Balls
Bollinger 8 3 17 0 - 1
Noffke 8 1 15 1 - -
Cullen 14 3 27 1 - -
MacGill 11 5 18 1 - -