• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie Spectators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molehill

International Captain
You know those groups who all sit together wearing the same shirts......I have questions:

1. How do you decide if you want to be in the Canary Yellow Tour or the ODI Green one?
2. How many shirts do you get given for each Test? Surely, it's more than 1.
3. Are Canary Yellows allowed to mix with ODI Greens?
4. Do they wear these shirts when not at the Cricket?
5. Do you pay extra for a seat next to Merv?

I have others, I find these groups fascinating, like a mini cult.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know those groups who all sit together wearing the same shirts......I have questions:

1. How do you decide if you want to be in the Canary Yellow Tour or the ODI Green one?
2. How many shirts do you get given for each Test? Surely, it's more than 1.
3. Are Canary Yellows allowed to mix with ODI Greens?
4. Do they wear these shirts when not at the Cricket?
5. Do you pay extra for a seat next to Merv?

I have others, I find these groups fascinating, like a mini cult.
all organised supporter tour groups are invariably woeful. England’s included.

Burgey

Do they pay more to act like they are in a library ?
Molehill not especially qualified to answer that given he disappeared from the forum while his side went 2-0 down but reappeared in the dying hours of the third test. At least the supporter groups always front up, I suppose.

They’re all terrible though, without exception. You don’t get extra points for boorishness as a supporter.

The Barmy Army were last amusing in 1994-95. When they’re chanting songs about blokes’ family members and partners, they aren’t in a position to prescribe what decent supporting of a team is and is not.

Whistler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The Aussie supporters are mainly from the upper class as most Australians can’t afford to travel to England while taking a couple of months off work. Therefore, they are usually garbage and look like the bus loads of Chinese tourists you see around the world. Just there to get the t-shirt but don’t really know anything about cricket. That’s why Aussie fans are renowned for having no/**** chants. Just not the right crowd and are fair weather fans like we saw in 10/11.

Ali TT

International Debutant
The Aussie supporters are mainly from the upper class as most Australians can’t afford to travel to England while taking a couple of months off work. Therefore, they are usually garbage and look like the bus loads of Chinese tourists you see around the world. Just there to get the t-shirt but don’t really know anything about cricket. That’s why Aussie fans are renowned for having no/**** chants. Just not the right crowd and are fair weather fans like we saw in 10/11.
We take masochistic pleasure out of our sports teams being ****. If you're an Aussie, why would you spend all day in 35deg heat sat in a concrete bowl of a stadium to watch your side getting spanked?

Burgey

If you’re upper class and not a real supporter, why would you go on a sports tour instead of just buying your own tickets or going somewhere else instead of sitting with the great unwashed in a temporary grandstand? Very odd post tstl tbh.

Socerer 01

International Captain
hmm casual Asian racism is excused now huh

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's not necessarily racist. Maybe prejudiced against Chinese people, but then again the Chinese aren't a race, they're a nationality. Its no more racist than talking about Australian supporters the same way.

Ali TT

International Debutant
I once did a tourist bus tour in Australia to see some penguins. The tour guide was rancidly racist and anti-immigrant, ironic that he still spoke with a strong Austrian accent after 50 years of living Down Under.

I didn't buy a t-shirt although did get a toy penguin. I'm not Chinese though, nor is my wife of East Asian decent.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I just asked my wife (who is of East Asian descent) if I am racist. The response was that I should stop posting on cricket forums, which is probably sound advice. But the consensus was that I am not racist at all.
hmm no bias there at all

Status
Not open for further replies.