• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussie - not Aussie

pasag

RTDAS
Thought this thread would be about the poster Aussie and why he supports Australia when he's not Australian, tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A chuck to the naked eye is chuck to naked eye. If Australia were as serious about throwing, Bird would have been banned a long time ago from bowling and playing 2nd grade cricket as batsmen. As would many other bowlers who play lower levels of cricket in Australia with bad actions. If they were as serious about it as you think, it shouldn't make a difference if one player is slightly better then another. Just like Murali he has the potential to add something extra to an attack so they overlook it.
As I said, I disagree really. While it shouldn't matter, and while Murali's action is legal anyway - it doesn't work that way at lower levels. I can just imagine what would have happened if the hypothetical Murali rocked up and started bowling at club level - if the umpire didn't do anything, the association would take care of it pretty quickly.

It's not right, and I'm not portraying a moral highground - I'm just telling it like it is really. Bird got away with it because he was more orthodox

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought this thread would be about the poster Aussie and why he supports Australia when he's not Australian, tbh.
I would have done if it wasn't a brand-new rather than newish poster, TBH.

Colin is "aussie" rather than "Aussie", too.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As I said, I disagree really. While it shouldn't matter, and while Murali's action is legal anyway - it doesn't work that way at lower levels. I can just imagine what would have happened if the hypothetical Murali rocked up and started bowling at club level - if the umpire didn't do anything, the association would take care of it pretty quickly.

It's not right, and I'm not portraying a moral highground - I'm just telling it like it is really. Bird got away with it because he was more orthodox
The thing is Murali got pulled up before he played FC cricket, but once they found out his medical thing they let it go. The same thing would logically happen in Australia.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought it would be about deciding who's a crim & who's not.

Craig White: Aussie - Not Aussie?

Scott Styris: Aussie - Not Aussie?

Mel Gibson: Aussie - Not Aussie?

R_D

International Debutant
to all the supposed "race conspiration theories" - Windian bowlers are black :D
funny when I go to see some video of Indian or Pakistani players on youtube and in 90% of cases there is a bash between posters.
way too hot down the Himalayas really.
hehehe pretty funny those idiots...... supposdly defending their nations pride or wotever bull**** they come up with 8-)

cover drive man

International Captain
well, i was just wondering that....................
If "Murli" was an Aussie bowler, would be called for "chucking"?
................and..........
If "Brett Lee" was not Aussie would he be not called for "chucking"?

The angle of bowling arm while delivering the bowl is not very different( almost same) but Brett Lee is not called may be because he is Non-Asain but Murli is called because he is Non-Aussie:dry:
I'm not completely one hundred percent sure what you mean but I think I should give my opinions on this matter I dont think were you come from does not detirmine whether you will be given good decisions by the umpire. I'm not sure if there are a lot of biased umpires and Murili has been called for throwing due to his strange action which causes so much controversy most so against Australia when Daril Hair called many no balls while murali was bowling for improper action. If asian teams get better decisions how come in a game against Australia Murili was called for chucking. Murili whent threw biomechanical tests to prove that his action was legal he was linked to computers and bowling experts were brought in to watch him bowl and his action was declared a legal action. So murili isn't called for chucking the bowl because of these tests that he has went threw.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't believe Manju still hasn't done the buz this thread... there should be a report-post-to-altoz feature, TBH, get a Rolleyes where it's deserved.